Thursday, May 6, 2010

Happy Birthday Little Monkey!

Hi everyone! What a hot day we had yesterday! It was 90 degrees and humid and the mosquitoes attacked as soon as we would go outside! It's still cool in the evenings though, so Riley and my walk in the morning is still really nice. I love walking early in the morning while most people are just waking up and listening to the birds sing. It is a great time to reflect on things and plan my day and Riley loves it too! So, I'm enjoying these last few days of still having cool nights.

Yesterday's One A Day In May image was this cute little monkey. I love that it has the stitched lines there for you because that looks so great with paper piecing. I didn't paper piece mine this time, but instead colored him with Copic markers.


(click to enlarge)

I embossed swiss dots on a purple circle of card stock and then sanded the dots to bring them out a bit more. The paper is from K and Company and I die cut a circle and then punched two rows of holes along the edge.

This card is for a little girl who will be turning four years old later this month and I've heard her Nana (my best friend) call her a little monkey before, so that's why I chose that as a sentiment. I added a fun felt daisy that was a gift from a prize package I received from Deena at A Creative Need. I topped it with two different colors of buttons and tied it off with a pink ribbon bow.

Speaking of the One A Day in May, did you see today's image yet? It's called Rose Fairy and she is so wonderful! I can't wait to color her up!

Yesterday was the last day to enter your project in my challenge at Card Universe. I will be announcing the winner there later today, and then tomorrow look for a new challenge! The prize for the next challenge is a set of four brand new wood mounted stamps from Hero Arts called Tag Words.



but you can't win if you don't play in the challenge!

Have a great day, and thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Catherine said...

Hello Holly ! What a cute card and what a sweet little monkey ! I love the soft colours and the button in the middle of the flower looks great ! It is ever so cold here - although it is supposed to be spring ! and I am still wearing my winter pullovers !!! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

msfreida said...

Good mornin'! :) Oh yes, our summer heat is on! I desperately need to be out pulling those nasty weeds but it just ain't gonna happen! Maybe this weekend when it's supposed to be cooler!

I can't wait to download this adorable image! It is so exciting to see a new surprise every day! :) I love how you used it here...FABULOUS layout! The circles are so fun and I love the piercing! I know the b'day girl will love this! :)

Hugs~

bumblebee creations said...

Awhhhhhhh I love this image! I can't wait to get some extra time to use some of these new images!!! They are so darn cute! Speaking of which I have to go check my mid may Christmas present now-and see what todays image is!

Becky said...

What a cute monkey, love the layout this morning and nice touch with the button and flower.
I have lived in RI for many years and it has never gotten hot enough for me to even own an air condition.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh that monkey is the cutest! she's gonna love it!

90!!! wow! we had 80, sunny and quite breezy - the perfect weather. this week is supposed to be in the 60s with a little rain here & there. i can live with this!

stay in & craft!

hugs :)

Marlene said...

Love your adorable monkey card.

Hate mosquitoes. Wish they'd suck fat instead of blood. Then I *might* like them.

Shawna said...

Your card is adorable Holly! As always, the coloring is first rate and I love the circles in the background with the two different treatments.

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

What a darling image!!! I have a friend in Kansas that collects all things monkey. I might have to get this little guy and create something for her.

BTW, SoftPencil is having a blog hop today and each DT member will be giving away an image. Check it out on my blog.

Jane said...

ADORABLE card! What a yummy prize! LOVE those stamps!

Linda L said...

I hate the thought of mosquitoes. I just can't take them! Ticks are out here and I don't like them at all. Why does nice weather have bugs.
Anyway your card is adorable. Your friends little monkey will love it.

Maria Matter said...

the piercing looks great here Holly, and that is one cute monkey!!!
Blessings!

Dawn B. said...

This is so sweet Holly. I am sure she will love this. I really like your layout with all the circles..

I run early in the mornings.. It is so inspiring for me.. It has been really hot here too..90 plus today..

acreativeneed said...

Adorable! Such a cute image and great layout too, Holly!
smiles,Deena