Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day




Hi everyone! I hope whatever you are doing today you take a moment out to give thanks for all the servicemen and their families. They sacrifice so much for our country's freedoms.

We went to see the fireworks last night and I was not disappointed. A little rain shower moved in and cooled things off a bit too so that just made it even more enjoyable!

Yesterday was featured stamper challenge day at Splitcoast stampers and I found a sweet little card in Emily's gallery to CASE. You can see the card she made HERE, and here is my card



(click to enlarge)

I used Mark Hicks's Expectant Bird and colored with Copic markers and a little chalk. I think this would be a really cute image to use for a card congratulating someone on their pregnancy, but I went with the Mother's Day theme since the card I was CASING was for Mother's Day.

The sentiment is from Nina Brackett's Fancy Sentiments set, and I sponged some ink on it. The border is from Martha Stewart, and the designer paper is from Stampin' Up!

I hope all of you enjoy your Memorial Day, and I'll be back tomorrow! Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Catherine said...

It's such a sweet card Holly ! Love the pretty border too ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Dawn Frost said...

She is just adorable. I really like how you sponged the blue sky and did the dots on the scallops. Nice!

Linda L said...

This is a sweet card and your coloring is fantastic. I need to make some thank you cards today. I may have to use the layout. It is so sweet. Have a great day Holly.

msfreida said...

I don't know where in the world you found the Memorial Day image, but it's AWESOME! In fact, I saved it for future use...hope you don't mind! No truer words have been spoken! God bless all our troops and their families...past and present!

This is the SWEETEST image, and it is perfect for any Mother! The die cut and fancy scalloped border adds all the dressing it needs! This is sooo PRECIOUS!

Hugs~

Becky said...

How sweet..Pretty boarder punch.

Marlene said...

Dang, I wish I could see the picture.....blogger is being a pain in the arse!