Wednesday, May 19, 2010

How Does Your Garden Grow?

Hi everyone! Yesterday's One A Day In May image was this adorable Gardening Shy Bear. If you got in on the One A Day deal then you got this image for less than a dollar! Don't despair if you didn't get the One A Day, you can still get the image at the store.

I couldn't wait to get this printed out and colored up!


(click to enlarge)

I colored it with Copic markers and added a little yellow chalk around the background and stickles to the center of the pink flowers. I used some designer paper from KI Memories and colored in some of the white circles with a blue Copic to match the blue I matted the image with. Don't look too closely or you'll see I wasn't too careful about staying in the lines!

The corners of the designer paper are punched with a heart shape corner punch from EK Success which I thought went well with the inside of the card



(click to enlarge)

The words were printed out with my computer and the little flower is from a Studio G clear set. I put a little pearlized blue pearl (from my friend Stef) in the center of each hear punch.

I just love this image. It's quick to color and I think it would be good for all kinds of cards; especially if you know someone who loves to garden!

If you haven't entered the challenge I have going on at Card Universe, you still have until tomorrow night to get your card entered! All you have to do is make a card with a Squigglefly image and do some piercing. There's a set of four brand new, wood mounted Hero Arts stamps up for grabs, so what have you got to lose?

Yesterday while I was web surfing I found the most adorable video, and I wanted to share it with you all. I think if we all started our day out with as much enthusiasm as this little girl does we couldn't help but have a good day! Wishing you all as happy a day as Jessica feels, and thanks for looking! If you cant' see the video on my blog, you can view it directly at you tube HERE

16 comments:

msfreida said...

Wasn't that lil Jessica a hoot??? What a doll! Yeah, I wish I had her energy and spunk...give her about 10 yrs and see if her attitude is the same! LOL Thanks for sharing this! :)

This card is just as spunky! :) Ohhh I'm sooo glad I have it waiting on me! Teehee Lynne did such a fabulous job, and your coloring really makes it shine! These colors are wonderful! I love how you used a narrow mat so this gorgeous DP could be seen! Stef's bling and those corner hearts are perfect too! Finishing it off with that fantastic sentiment completes the card! This has to go in my favorites! :)

Hugs~

Catherine said...

Hello Holly ! What a sweet card ! I love your colouring and the image is cute cute cute ! Thanks for the video, this little girl is really full of beans !!! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

bumblebee creations said...

Love your shy bear card Holly! That little gal sure wasn't a shy bear! How funny!

Heather said...

Beautiful card.. Love the corner punch!!

Dawn Frost said...

I LOVE your shybear! The colours you used are so nice and bright. Gorgeous!

Patricia St Martin said...

wonderful job Holly! Love those colors together. Your coloring is outstanding.

BlueRose said...

Hi Holly! yup lil Jessica is a hoot...

Love your card and how about the image that you used cute, cute♥

Becky said...

Love this bear and you did a fabulous job coloring him. Love the video, true if we all had this attitude what a great day we would have.

treesawardincrafts said...

Aw how sweet is that little girl, or what? She has the makings of a great team leader in a team building exercise. Just priceless!

treesawardincrafts said...

Oooh, I got so wrapped up in that uplifing video that I forgot to say thanks for your best wishes. Thanks, I'm a little scared but very excited. :0)

Sherry said...

Hi Holly thanks for spreading the joy! How can you not smile during and after that video?! What a cutie.. and speaking of cuties.. I love your bear, the corners of your card and those blue pearls!

Maria Matter said...

I love your card, I love your image, I love your coloring, I love shybears, I love your blog....

Maria Matter said...

...but I love you bestest!

Debby said...

Ohhhhhh! I love this card! That heart punch corners caught my eye immediately! Cute cute cute. I am going to do the Jessica affirmation dance every day!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you see it?

Marlene said...

What an absolutely adorable card!

I want that cute little Jessica's HAIR!!!

Kristie said...

Cute card!! I'm behind on downloading, I better go get my bear!!