Thursday, May 27, 2010

I'm so Embarrassed!

Good morning to you all! I have a card to show you today that uses an image that just tickles me. Take a look at this


(click to enlarge)

Isn't that just so funny? I love the way the little bird's legs are crossed and she's covering herself up with her wings! The image is one of the newest images at Squigglefly drawn by Jackie Mathews and is titled appropriately Well, This Is Embarrassing!

I colored the image with these Copic colors



and the sky is chalked. Then I used a little dotty looking stamp from a Stampin' Up! set called watercolor garden to add a little depth to the tree top. I printed the words out with my computer and then cut them out in a cloud shape to pop up on the card. The inside of the card says "I missed your birthday!"

Since I had such a long post yesterday, I won't keep you long today but remember to comment on THIS POST if you want a chance to win a copy of the July issue of Scrap and Stamp Arts magazine; I announce the winner tomorrow!

Have a great day and thanks for looking!

15 comments:

Catherine said...

What a delicious card Holly ! Like you I love the way the little bird is holding his little legs, isn't it sweet !!! Love the embossed background too ! How is Riley's eye ? Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh how funny! and fabulous colors! and i, for one, LOVE your loooonnnng posts!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

This image is darling and hilarious! I love it! I also love your card, Holly!!!

msfreida said...

Is this image not adorable??? I cracked up when I first saw it and you really brought out its personality with your card! Your's and Jackie's sense of humor ROCKS! How clever to put the greeting on a cloud! Perfect font too! I LOVE the DP you chose and embossing it really brings out the colors! This is SOOO FABULOUS Holly!

Hugs~

blueikaos said...

I love this, it's absolutely adorable. The colors are wonderful and I love the embossing!

Michelle said...

Hi Holly. I'm just loving Jackie's images and what you do with them is fab.
Geez, I've missed blogging it's good to be back I've missed your great posts
HUGS TO YOU

Margaret xx said...

Just soooo cute! I love the paper that you've used in your embossed panel. Which paper is it please?

Marlene said...

Heeheehee.....this image is adorable - and I love what you've done with it!

Shawna said...

Cute, funny, and fabulously done!

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

heehee too cute!

Patricia St Martin said...

SOOOOO really cute!!!!!!

Jackie said...

Holly, I have to Thank THANK you for always making my images look so great! You are very talented and I am so flattered when you use my drawings!

Sincerely,

Jackie Mathews

acreativeneed said...

Aww, what a fun cute image!! Great coloring and I love the embossed bg! Thanks for the tip on cutting flowers in your comment yesterday! I'll have to try that.
smiles,Deena

Becky said...

This is so cute and colored beautifully.

Kim said...

OH HOLLY!! I love this card!!!!!