Friday, May 14, 2010

Make Waves

Hi everyone! Okay, first put your hand in some water and slowly start to move it pushing the water away from your hand. LOL! Okay, I'm just being silly. I'm not going to tell you how to make waves, that's just the name of my card - but I'm sure you knew that!


(click to enlarge)

This is an image from Squigglefly drawn by Chesney Young called Surf's Up, and I thought with the weather getting so warm it was the perfect time to make a summer time card.

I colored her with Copic markers and then I cut some cloud shapes out of paper, placed them in the sky area and chalked over them. When I removed the cloud shapes I had my clouds.

The purple layer was embossed with a swirl embossing folder and then I sanded it and then brayered some turquoise ink over the raised areas. That's where the trouble started - my brayer sprayed some of the turquoise ink on to my colored image!

I didn't want to scrap the whole thing, so I made a sentiment and placed it strategically over the messed up area. The little wave swirl under the sentiment is a clear stamp from Autumn Leaves.

Tomorrow is the big day at Squigglefly! You will finally be able to get your hands on the images you've been seeing sneak peeks of all week. Squigglefly is really excited to introduce Michelle Bertuzzi's artwork and the other artists you've come to love have some wonderful new images out as well!

Wishing you the best kind of day you could have, and thanks for looking!

11 comments:

Elaine A said...

Holly -

I love how this card came out. It really has that beachy, summery feeling to it! Wonderful job.

Elaine Allen

P.S. I hope Ms. Riley is feeling much better!

Joan said...

Cute card.

Becky said...

This is a fabulous card, love this image.

KellyRae said...

Cute cute card. Love the fun CB folder you used for your 'waves'.

Dawn Frost said...

I hate when I get ink on my images. But like you I strategically place accents, sentiments, etc, lol! over the messed up areas. Your card looks fabulous you'd never know!

Catherine said...

What a cool card Holly ! Love the colours and the image is really fun ! Love it ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Marlene said...

Cute, fun card!

msfreida said...

I hate when my routine is broken up...I just don't function well! So instead of enjoying my coffee with you this morning, I had to go to the school for a program...and I'm sad to say it was my last! :( Yep, the tears have already started!

Oh I am so ready for the beach, and this card makes me even more anxious! What a FABULOUS image (reminds me of Sara...loves those umbrella drinks too!) The colors you used are perfect for the theme! SOOO love how you did the background...especially the "cover-up!"...I thought this only happened to me! ;)

Hugs~

Maria Matter said...

ooo la la, she's sure to make waves in this bikini! lol
Fabulous Holly, the sentiment looks like it belongs there!!!
Blessings!

Patricia St Martin said...

love the image, really nice one for summer. you can not see any thing you messed up on so no one would know. you did a wonderful job with your coloring.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

one HOT mama! i love it!