Saturday, May 1, 2010

Put On A Happy Face

Hi everyone! Man did Mother Nature put on a show here last night! I thought April came in like a lion and out like a lamb, but it sure sounded like a lion last night! We had tornadoes all around us and the sirens kept blowing! Thankfully nothing was damaged near us and the most we had to deal with was losing power for a bit - which is one reason I didn't post something earlier to day. There are so many who were not as fortunate and my heart goes out to them.

But now the sun is out and the birds are singing, which leads me to my card


(click to enlarge)

This adorable image is the first of the One A Day in May images released by Squigglefly today! Isn't this just the happiest little guy? I love his little green rain boots!

I colored it with Copic markers and added stickles to the rain puddle. The clouds I cut out and then sponged a little grayish blue ink around the edges. The one cloud has some fun "rain" falling from it. I just stuck pieces of glitter shreds to the back, but it does make a fun rain fall don't you think?

If you didn't get in on the One A Day in May, don't worry the images will be released for sale in the store soon, and I'll bet you'll be making a mental note to not miss out next year!

I hope all of you have a great day today, and thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Becky said...

This is so cute, love this little guy and love your clouds and rain, very creative.

Aimeslee said...

Hi, Holly. Cute card. I've been reading every day and enjoying your cards and am glad the doggie is better. Just wanted to make and post to tell ya that I was thinking about you along with my folks over near Memphis, with the bad weather. So glad you are all so far unscathed! Prayers again for y'all tonight... xoxo

Rachel said...

Oh how cute is this card!!! you did a fabulous job Holly. love the rain very creative girl!!
hugs,
Rachel

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh is this ever the cutest! love how you did the rain! genius!!!!!

Catherine said...

What a sweet sweet card Holly ! Love the little wellies, aren't they cute !!! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

msfreida said...

I had the biggest grin on my face when I saw this adorable image in my email! It's sooo ADORABLE! :) What a way to start the One a Days! I love how you used it here...as always, your coloring really brings it to life! The "rain" is such a clever idea! ;) Just so you'll know...I now have that song playing over and over in my head! What a PERFECT fit for this card! :) LOVE IT!

Stay safe my friend...we still have a long night ahead!
Hugs~

Linda L said...

Oh my this is cute. I love the rain.

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

this is darling. hope the gray skies have cleared. we have gray skies too and cooler temps.

Kim said...

wonderful card Holly. I got him this am and can't wait till Monday to use him!

The Brat said...

How darling! Of course I LOVE how you did the rain. If only our rain was as cute here...

Heather said...

Too cute.. Love the rain!!

Maria Matter said...

super cute!!!

bumblebee creations said...

How super cute Holly Love both day 1 and 2! WHOOHOO!