Monday, May 10, 2010

A Sneak Peek and a Tutorial!

Hi everyone! I really hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day yesterday. It was beautiful here and I enjoyed every single minute of it!

If you bought the one a days, two of the images you have received are Fashionista and Queen of Bling sentiment. If you didn't get the One A Day in May images, they are still sold separately at Squigglefly. anyway, my daughter and the artist who drew these images, Chesney Young colored the image digitally and combined it with the sentiment. I thought it was great so I made a card with it and added a few touches



(click to enlarge)

I stamped some pink card stock with some Chocolate Chip speckles and tied a ribbon around the top. The image was matted with some card stock that I swiped a Chocolate Chip ink pad on. Then I had a little fun and added some "bling" to her ring and earrings. Isn't she cute?! Chesney's skills with digital coloring are awesome!


One of the Squigglefly design team members asked me about changing the colors of a digital image. I asked Chesney to show me how to do it, and she came through with flying colors and showed me a couple of ways that are super easy so I decided to make a video showing all of you how to do it too. You do need to have a photo editing program, and the one I used is Adobe Photoshop Elements.

As a bonus, the image I use in the tutorial is a sneak peek of one that will be released on Saturday! If you can't view the video from my blog, you can go see it directly on you tube HERE.
I hope you find this helpful!

11 comments:

msfreida said...

DUH!!!Oh you have no idea how long I have been wanting to learn how to do this! I have tried sooo many times to no avail...trying to follow directions in a book is like a foreign language to me! Thanks to you and Chesney both for taking the time to show us how easy it is! This just makes my day! :)

Oh you're not kidding about Chesney's digital skills! This image looks SOOO FABULOUS! Why she even put eyeshadow on her! KUDOS CHES! :) Holly, I love the speckles on the background paper! Sooo clever! Boy you two make such an awesome team! :) I totally love this!

Hugs~

Shawna said...

Oh my! I am SO impressed with Chesney's artistic ability. I love her images, but to know she COLORED that digitally. WOW! I mean one color is something, but to have that shading in there. Heavens! It's awesome. Thanks for the fabulous tutorial Holly, you're the BEST!

Karen Lindsay said...

Thank you so much. I've wanted to know how to do that forever. Your instruction is so helpful!

Karen,WY

Marlene said...

Fantastic image! Going to have to watch the tutorial now. :)

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh she is a beauty! absolutely LOVE this image and your card!

hope mother's day was awesome!

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Graphics category today [10 May 02:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Joan said...

Fabulous card!!!

Linda L said...

This is the second time in three day that someone has talked about Photo shop elements. I am thinking that is the next big thing I am going to need. Thank so much for the lesson. You are a great teacher. I know if I get the program I will be back to follow your advice.
Hugs,
Linda

Dawn B. said...

I am having a DUH moment too.. I had no idea this amazing artist was your daughter.. She is so good.. I must have been living under a rock.. Great tutorial.. Photoshop is so tricky.. Love this.. Great job Holly..

Heather the MooseLover said...

Great tutorial! Chesney rocks!

I really like your card. The lack of color is very striking.

wordbird said...

Great card and tutorial!...I also found the flower soft tutorial and its brilliant! TFS!! ;D Diana Q