Friday, May 21, 2010

Summertime Fun

Hi everyone! Finally Friday has arrived - has the week seemed long to you too?

I made a card today that is for the sketch challenge they have this week at Splitcoast stampers and also for Mothermark's tea party. The tea partiers are headed out tothe open sea to save Seth who is lost in a terrible storm.


(click to enlarge)

I chose this adorable image from Squigglefly by Eline Pelinkhoff called Let's Go Swimming! I love the old fashioned bathing suit and the scarf tied around her head!

In my story, she is Bernice Bunny who was playing with her friends in her pool when she heard the distress call about Seth. She ran as fast as she could to throw her blue innertube to Seth, but the innertube made it hard for her to run very fast so she was too late. Seth was already safe and sound by the time she got there. Whew!

I colored her with Copic markers and chalked some blue around the background for sky. The yellow layer was embossed with a Sizzix texture plate and then I sponged some yellow ink around the edges and a little on the embossed flowers.

The designer paper is from KC and Company and I printed the words out with my computer. After cutting the words out with an oval Nestabilities die I sponged some pink around the edges.

Wishing you all a great day, and thanks for looking!

11 comments:

Catherine said...

Hi Holly ! What a lovely sweet delicious card ! I adore Eline Pelinkhoff's art work and you have made such a wonderful card with this image... Love the lovely colours and your colouring is fantastic ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Becky said...

Holly if this is not the cutest little image...I love her and you colored her so well. Love your little story.

Marlene said...

So cute - and you chose beautiful colors to go with her. :)

Maria Matter said...

too adorable! love the story too!
have a great day Holly!
Hugs & blessings!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh how fun! love the colors!

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

awe, soft and sweet... just too, too cute!

bumblebee creations said...

Hey Holly! I love your last couple of cards! I think I missed commenting on your card yesterday!! how is the weather there?

Kristie said...

Adorable! I love the colors!

Heather said...

Oh man I'm ready for some sun.. Adorable card!!!

msfreida said...

LOL!Love your story...now that would have been me! :) teehee

I SOOO love this image and your coloring on her is SOOO FABULOUS! GREAT shading! These colors just scream summertime! What a fun card!

Hugs~

Heather the MooseLover said...

How cute! Love the pastels and the textured background.

Cute story too.