Sunday, May 30, 2010

A Tweet Birdie

Hi everyone! Well, I didn't get as much card making done yesterday as I had hoped, but it was my own fault. I printed out images and colored a few, but the actual making of a card only happened once. I think I was having too much fun coloring to stop and make a card! Here's the card I did finish


(click to enlarge)

This uses two images from Michelle Bertuzzi's set Birdie Birthday. I colored the branch and the bird with Copic markers and chalked the sky. My clouds were made by erasing some of the blue chalk.

The designer paper is from Cloud Nine. The pink section at the bottom was embossed with a Provo Craft embossing folder and then I rubbed some white Color Box ink over the raised areas. The flowers are stickers that I got from a pack my sister sent me a while back. I may add a sentiment of some kind once I know who I'm sending it to.

There is a lot going on here for this Memorial Day Weekend. The downtown area is having Riverfest and there are a lot of concerts going on and tonight there will be a big fireworks display. I love seeing fireworks, and we have a great spot we drive to where we have a wonderful view, so I'm looking forward to that.

Other than grocery shopping I will try to get a few of these images I colored made into cards! I hope you have a great day, and thanks for looking!

7 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

Love it Holly!!! I know what you mean--I colored up lots of cards yesterday-One was SF cabin retreat-and one was SF knitting-and third was SF Kiss the cook-made them into cards and sent them off with my friend (she needed birthday cards and Fathers day cards) and I forgot to photo them first!!!! : ( Big boohoo! Maybe I will give her a call...

Shawna said...

Hey Holly - I love how you used DP at the top and the cuttlebugged paper at the bottom. Enjoy your weekend!

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

and a very 'Tweet' bird indeed. Hi Holly. I was a busy camper on Saturday. I got lots colored and created. But I have a lot to do in the coming weeks so I will be posting on and off. Hey come by my blog and link to Mr. Linky for a chance to win some blog candy from ME! It's my BLOGOVERSARY!!! T%dles

Linda L said...

So cute Holly. I love your birdie. We just got home from a week in Montana. I feel like I haven't made a card in a month. Now I have a lot to do around the house and the last week of school ahead. When do I get to make a card????? Maybe tomorrow. Hubby might go fishing. Hee hee Have a great Memorial Day!

msfreida said...

Ohhh how I have missed seeing your fabulous creations these past few days! Dang, I even missed Ashley's b'day...hope it was FABULOUS, Ash! I still have out-of-town company, but they're sleeping in, so I can sneak a few minutes in trying to catch up. Well Carson graduated...kinda bittersweet for me! But I'm one proud mama here! ;)

I did get to sneak a quick peek at the new releases and all I can say is, WOW!!! ARE THEY NOT INCREDIBLE??? I love how you used Ms Birdie here! SOOO ADORABLE! The colors you used are AWESOME and I love how you made the clouds! Just too cool!

Well people are stirring so I guess I will finish catching up later on. Hope you have a fabulous day! :)

Hugs~

Michelle Gotoh Bertuzzi said...

Wow, I'm impressed with how you uniquely colored these images. It's always smart to leave the sentiment blank and customize it as you need it. Thanks for the shoutout!

Alice Wertz said...

this is so adorable!! love that big birdie!! =)