Saturday, May 8, 2010

Would You Like To Swing On A Star?

Or would you rather swing on a flower?

The whole time I was making this card I found myself humming and singing Would You Like To Swing On A Star. Do you remember that song? We traveled a lot growing up and my dad would sing songs while he drove, and I remember requesting that one a lot. We'd get silly with it and make up our own verses too sometimes, but the song brings back memories for me.

Well, this little bug isn't swinging on a star, she's swinging on a flower!


(click to enlarge)

This adorable image called Katiebug On A Swing is from the wonderful imagination of Jackie Mathews and will be available at Squigglefly next Saturday. I colored it with Copic markers and used chalk on the ground and sky. Then I used a grass stamp from Art Impressions over the chalk on the ground.

The designer paper is from K and Company and I used some to decorate the inside as well!


(click to enlarge)

The little poem is one I made up and printed out with my computer. Since this week's challenge at Dare You To Digi Stamp is anything goes, I'm entering it there!

I'm going to try you sneak peeks of several of the images that will be released next Saturday during the next week. There are so many wonderful ones and I'm excited for you all to see!

Did you see today's One A Day In May image? I love this one too! In fact, I'm going to go make a card using her as soon as I get back from my walk with Riley! I hope you have some time to craft today too!

Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

Catherine said...

Hi Holly ! What a delicious card ! I love that image it is so sweet ! I don't know the song you mention it's a shame you can't sing it to me ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Becky said...

Yes I remember that song.. :)
This image is adorable, beautiful coloring and love how you did the grass.

Selma said...

This is such a cute image. Love your card. Your little verse is so sweet.

msfreida said...

How ADORABLE! :) Such a precious image...very unique! Your coloring is fabulous and I love this layout! What a great sentiment you wrote...sooo perfect for the image! :)
I used to LOVE that song...one of Bing's that always made you smile! :)

Have a beautiful day!
Hugs~

Roz said...

love that song!! My grandfather used to sing it to me, and we found a music box with this song in it one day when I was pregnant with my first child. Put it in his room and the room of all 3 of my boys eventually. Love it, as well as your adorable card. Now I can't get that song out of my head :)

Maria Matter said...

oh, doesn't this make ya smile! Adorable Holly, a very sweet little bug!
Blessings!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

fab-u-lous!!!!!

Heather the MooseLover said...

You are so good- that paper is perfect with the image/ coloring. You always inspire me Holly. Well done!

Chris said...

Great card! Thanks for joining us at DU2DS. Chris :)