Monday, June 7, 2010

Bless Our Troops

Hi everyone! Really quick post this morning, I just wanted to be sure you all knew that the new shy bear image Lynne Stansbery is offering free is now available at the Squiggley store in the freebies section.

I have had a super busy weekend with little to no crafting time, but I did manage to eke out this card


(click to enlarge)

Wonder of wonders, I did NOT use Copic markers to color with this time! I actually pulled out my colored pencils and colored this one. I blended the pencils with odorless mineral spirits.

My stitching on the side is faux - so the card was quick to put together. Please spread the word to any groups you are in about this free image. I think it's really special and not only great for sending to our troops, but also for the Fourth of July and Flag Day! I am entering this in the Paper Playtime challenge since their theme is the verse "In thy face I see honor, truth, and loyalty" and I think this image fits that theme perfectly!

We had a nice visit with Ashley while we were in Memphis, and Riley played pretty well with her two dogs. On the way home we stopped at a rest stop and there was another couple there with their own Riley dog! Their dog was the same age and was also a female, but Riley did not play nicely. She is too alpha female and we have to really watch her with other dogs.

Nice trip, but it was still good to get back home. Yesterday was spent catching up with laundry and grocery shopping - so this was the only card I was able to make. I hope to be back soon with more!

Have a wonderful Monday, and thanks for looking!

15 comments:

Catherine said...

Hi Holly ! Glad to hear that you had a lovely time in Memphis. Your card is so lovely : your colouring is great and the theme is just great.... Love it. Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Becky said...

Hi Holly, got my magazine yesterday, thanks so much :). Love this card..I just love this bear.

Maria Matter said...

oh this is gorgeous Holly!
I want to use this image next week, on a featured spot...will it be a permanent freebie??

Hugs & blessings!

bumblebee creations said...

WOW! Colored pencils???!! What a great job you did!

Janis said...

This card is so amazing! The image, the coloring, and I thought that stitching was REAL! Love this card!! Thank you so much for playing in paper with us this week at Paper Playtime. I hope you'll come back often! :) Janis

Janis said...

Hey, I just downloaded this free pic. Thank you SO MUCH for pointing us over there. I normally don't color, but when I do I just use Crayola crayons, markers, and watercolor pencils. I am NOT one of those color artists out there like you certainly are. But I do love to color - it's fun! I haven't tried the mineral spirits / oil before, but that's also something else on my wish list I want to try eventually. I got your message about my eagle card - thank you so much! I don't know anything about SCS techniques, but I'll go check it out a little later. Right now I just got back from the dentist (again) and need to get some cards made ahead of time to post while we are traveling (moving back to SC from Alaska) next week. So glad you participate and I found your blog! :) Janis P.S. Email me anytime at northrose@slowar.com

Marlene said...

I picked up this freebie...so adorable! I LOVE the shy bears! You did a fantastic job with this card using your colored pencils and OMS. Beautiful!

Janis said...

I just uploaded a new post on my blog http://PauseDreamEnjoy.blogspot.com with a link to your project here. :) Janis

Vicki said...

Lovely Holly, I love those shy bears once i got over my fear of coloring them! Need to get more of them and for sure will get that freebie. Hope you had a wonderful time in Memphis with Ashley!

HUGS!
Vicki

Alex said...

This is soooo cute! I love anything patriotic ! I'm glad I found your blog :)

Alex said...

Oops. I might be posting twice...but I wanted to say that I LOVE THIS CARD, soooo cute !!! I love anything patriotic !!!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

and they say men are dogs!!! go figure!

absolutely gorgeous card! i love the colors. you color way better with these crayons! at least it sure looks like you do! absolutely gorgeous!

Bonibleaux Designs said...

Love love love the red, white and blue!!!

PATTY'S DREAMS said...

I love the card and the color !!!!
Great Job

msfreida said...

So glad you had a fun trip! I still say we need to plan a girl's weekend...well Brock may come if he promises to make his famous salad! Teehee :)

This image is sooo special and what a generous gift from Lynne! Yep...perfect for our heroes! I love how you designed this one and ohhh that stitching just can't be faux! YOU ROCK, GF!

Hugs~