Tuesday, June 15, 2010

'cause we are living in a digital world

Hi everyone! Today is a very Happy Birthday to my dear hubby Brock, and my little sister Phyllis. I don't know what plans my sister has, but my brother inlaw and his wife are taking my hubby out to eat for his birthday so I don't have to cook any dinner tonight! Yippee Skippee!

Okay, I know the real words to Madonna's song is "cause we are living in a material world", but I updated it a bit for my card today!


(click to enlarge)

When I saw the background paper with the little headphones and mp3 player I just had to make a card using the Little Rocker image from Squigglefly! Isn't that paper just perfect? The cool part is that the back of the paper has this design that you can choose to fill in parts of and it makes digital letters! That's what I did to create the sentiment Digital World. I almost changed it to say Digital Girl because the D and the O are made the same, but it still looks readable to me. What do you think?

This card also fits in the Raise The Bar challenge perfectly which is "sweet music" and she looks like she has some pretty sweet tunes on her player!

Since this image is a digital one, I'm also entering it in the Just Us Girls challenge who have challenged us to use a digi! The funny thing is they have their theme listed as "Let's Get Digital" and that means they changed the words of the Olivia Newton John song "Let's Get Physical" the same way I did! LOL!

I hope you will try to enter Squigglefly's challenge this week to use newsprint on your project. I haven't yet, but I have been to the Design Teams pages to see what they have done and I am so impressed and inspired! Be sure you take a look too!

The time for Squigglefly's design team term is winding down. They will be finishing up this month and then we will sadly bid them adieu and introduce you all to another fabulous team. It's always sad to say goodbye to everyone, but we have a very enthusiastic group of talented ladies that I know you will all enjoy.

Have a wonderful day, and thanks for looking!

17 comments:

Kathryn B said...

You're right Holly! The background paper is perfect for your little rocker girl! Such a fun card!


Thanks so much for getting digi with Just Us Girls this week!

Catherine said...

Hi Holly ! You have really found the perfect background for your image ! The result looks fab ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Shawna said...

I think it's terrific! Perfect paper for the little rocker and I think you are so clever for turning it over and using it to make your sentiment. Have a fun time eating out tonight. Happy Birthday to your hubby from the blogging world!

Becky said...

This is so cute, love the imgage and the background paper.

Marlene said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby and sister!

What a cute card! I have that patterned paper somewhere in my stash. Perfect use for it!

bumblebee creations said...

Yeppers, ok who has the perfect papers now Holly!!!! YOU DO!!! Love it! and I definitely think it is readable!!!

Stampin' Pam said...

Very hip for today's world - love it. Thanks for getting digi with JUGS this week.

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Great card. Congrats on your win at Digital Tuesday too!!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh i love it! that paper is so totally awesome and i was wondering how you did that sentiment! of course, i kept reading to find out!!!

Happy Birthday Brock!!!! and many more!!!

almost hate to say goodbye to the dt! enjoy dinner.

hugs :)

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

hehehee...too cute!

Andrea M said...

Cute rocker girl! Great card :) Thanks for gettin' digi with Just Us GIrls this week! Come back and join us again next week!

Patricia St Martin said...

Miss Holly, This is Emma. My grandma gave me the card you sent me. I was surprised from your card. Emma wants to know it you can come over? Emma wants me to put a heart here for you. She wants to say thank you so much because it is one of her favorite cards.

Thank you Holly that was so nice of you. You sure made her day. When she saw the card she remembered it right away she said to me grandma this is the one with the little girl with the wings on the moon and she gave it a big hug. She has a special place in her room she keeps all her special cards.

treesawardincrafts said...

Happy birthday to yours. I find in my family there are often double ups of birthday dates, and we are a small family. How strange is that? I love that card and the background paper, very clever.

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

This is just FABULOUS Holly!! Love your background paper ... and your coloring of this image is PERFECT!! Great take on the challenge and thanks so much for joining us at Raise The Bar this week! Hope to see you again soon!

Michelle said...

Hi Holly, I love this card, you have been so busy all your cards lately a fabulous. How do you find the time?
Hugs Michelle

Heather the MooseLover said...

I have always loved Little Rocker! Cute card.

It is sad to be out with the old DT and in with the new!

msfreida said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY BROCK AND PHYLLIS! Hope it was fabulous! :)

Just to let you know, I now have these tunes playing over 'n over in my head! Oh and do I ever need to get physical! :) This card definitely ROCKS! I've always adored this image and with this DP, it is TOTALLY together! Love the idea with the sentiment too! Hmmm...must find this DP! ;)

Hugs~