Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Challenges Galore

Hi everyone! I'm still playing catch up from being gone over the weekend. It's amazing how going away just for a weekend throws you off schedule and it's hard to get back on track!

A lot of blogs are having the theme of summer in their challenges this week, so I have made this card using the new Swellin' With Melon image along with the sentiment Ex-seedingly Sweet for several different ones.


(click to enlarge)

I colored with Copic markers and used chalk for the sky. It's hard to tell in the photo, but I added some clear dimension to the watermelon seeds with a clear glaze pen.

The challenges are
Squigglefly's challenge - to use a food or drink item
Paper Sundaes - summer fun
Everybody Art Challenge - summer
Raise The Bar - Summer
Timbroscrapmania challenge - pink

I hope you will join in on the Squigglefly challenge too! Have a great day - stay cool - and thanks for looking!

18 comments:

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, adorable card, wonderful colours.
luv
Debby

Catherine said...

Hi Holly ! What a sweet card ! Love the papers you have used, the colours are so lovely. And the sentiment is really great ! Love it ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Maria Matter said...

Adorable Holly!
I keep seeing this watermelon ShyBear and it's making me hungry for melon!!!

Enjoy your day!
blessings!

MANDEE said...

Love the colors!

Niki said...

Holly,
Another great card. I like how the ribbon matches the designer paper.

Just wanted to let you know, I sent out a card I won from your blog. It was a Squigglefly design, a kitten playing with yarn. I sent it as a birthday card to the woman who leads our prayer shawl ministry at church. I'm sure she'll love it.


Thanks for sharing all your talent and providing such wonderful inspiration,

Niki

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Holly, your card is adorable! I love the image and the sentiment is perfect. Great coloring and details, too!

Giò said...

Really sweet card!!! I love this image. Thanks for joining us at Timbroscrapmania challenge.

Hugs
Giò

Bonibleaux Designs said...

Sweet, sweet, sweet - just like you!!! Love the colors and of course the watermelon!!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

i wonder if shy bear wants to come over and help us eat the watermelon we have in the fridge in the garage that we keep forgetting about - lol!!!

fabulous card. i like the pastels.

BananaStamper said...

Great summer time card! Glad you could join us at PS!

Linda L said...

Oh so sweet!

Kim said...

Great card Holly! I love this image!

BA said...

such a cute card
thanks for joining us at TimbroScrapMania
xoxo BA

Carla aka scrappypug said...

What a sweet card! Just love that little bear! thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

How can you NOT love this little guy! Awesome summertime creation! Thanks so much for joining us at Raise The Bar! Hope you will join us again!

Crystal said...

Adorable image! Watermelon always reminds me of summer! Thanks for playing along with this week's Paper Sundaes Challenge of Summer Fun!

HappyCrafter said...

So cute, love this shy bear!

msfreida said...

WOW...well she's done it again! There's just no end to those Shy Bears' charm! These colors are FABULOUS, Holly, and I am LOVIN' this layout! Amazing job on the seeds! AWESOME summertime fun!

Hugs~