Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Charming Friends and New Group!

Don't forget to enter for my blog-aversary candy HERE


Hi everyone! Here it is the middle of the week already! I hope your week is going well. If you haven't heard the news, Jennifer Scull and Heather Strenzwilk have joined forces and started up a new Squigglefly group on the Papercraft Planet forum! Be sure to go and join HERE so you don't miss out on anything, and while you're there please be sure to read about the special card drive Jennifer is doing for a special little eight year old named Bella.

There is also a blog hop happening for Bella at a lot of different blogs and you can read about that on Jennifer's blog HERE. Once you read Bella's story I'm sure you'll want to help make her day a little brighter by making and sending her a card.

My card today is for the Dare You To Digi Stamp challenge where they challenged us to use blooms and butterflies on our creations. That's pretty easy to do, and here is what I did


(click to enlarge)

I combined the beautiful calligraphy of Roanne Mathias's Charming Gardeners verse with Rich Davis's Flower Frame to make this. It was very quick to color the flowers with Copic markers and then I rubbed some blue chalk over the lettering.

My butterfly was punched out of some shimmer sheetz and embossed with a swirls embossing folder. I made the antennae out of a thin strip of brown card stock. I really like this card, and it took really no time to make!

I am wishing you cool thoughts on this hot summer day! Thanks for looking!

17 comments:

treesawardincrafts said...

Oooh this is beautiful. Sometimes the simple things are best. I had forgotten about that frame image it looks so good with the additions you put with it. Hugs, Teresa xxx

Dawn B. said...

Holly this is beautiful.. I love butterflies.. They always give a card that extra pop.. Great job.. Your new blog design looks awesome...

Craftyanny said...

awwwwwwwww this is just adorable Holly, very pretty indeed:)
Anne x

msfreida said...

OHHH this is precious, Holly! Such fabulous images to combine! Love your colors and how you cut out-of-the-box! Your butterfly looks like it could just flutter off the card! :) SOOO PRETTY!

Hugs~

Catherine said...

What a beautiful and elegant card Holly ! It's gorgeous... Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Linda said...

Wonderful! I love the frame.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

this is stunning. i have so many SF images, i forget what i have. you always remind me with your fabulous cards!

like your new blog look.

Marlene said...

What a gorgeous card! Love that butterfly you added. :)

YAY for SF being on PCP!!!

Becky said...

This is gorgeous Holly, love the corner flowers & nice shading on the sentiment.

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

AWESOME Holly! I love the flowers in the corners and the calligraphy is very pretty. Always excellent coloring.

Rachel said...

Wow Holly!!! this is such a gorgeous card!!
hugs,
Rachel

Pam in Ar. said...

It seems like forever since I've posted!! And you have a new look too :) I love it Holly!!

Love the card you made, the butterfly and the coloring make it really shine :) You do such a good job always!

Helen Dooley said...

That is a beautiful card Holly, Very elegant.

Dawn Frost said...

Beautiful card. Thanks so much for letting us know about the new squigglefly on paper craft planet!

Maria Matter said...

oh Wow, your blog looks beautiful!!!
I really like your new look!


beautiful card too! love the pretty corners!!
Hugs & blessings!

Jennifer Scull said...

this is just beautiful!!!! I love the way you combined the 2 images! and thanks for mentioning Bella's card drive. I hope she just gets flooded with cards every single day! :)

Donna said...

This is such a beautiful card, lovely use of colours and such pretty flowers! Thank you for joining in with our Blooms & Butterflies Challenge at DU2DS :) Donna x