Monday, June 21, 2010

Featuring Balloons For Your Birthday

Don't forget to enter for my blog-aversary candy HERE


Hi everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful Father's Day yesterday. Ours was relaxed. It was too hot to do anything outdoors so I stayed in and got some meals for the week cooked ahead and Brock played around on the computer some. I fixed him a great meal for Father's Day and Chesney and her fiancée came over and played some games with us. Overall it was a relaxed, but enjoyable Father's Day.

I played along in Splitcoast Stampers Featured Stamper challenge too! the card I chose from the gallery was this one HERE. I picked Jackie Mathews little Mermaid Birthday image to crop the balloons from. I colored everything with Copic markers


(click to enlarge)

In case you missed my video on coloring ballons to look transparent, you can see it HERE. This was super fast to make. I stamped the little star burst around the ablloons (hero arts) and embossed it with some sparkly embossing powder but it didn't turn out as sparkly as I wanted. So I pulled out my trusty glue pen and then sprinkled on some glitter and I had just what I wanted.

the scalloped shaped was achieved with scalloped rectangle nestabilites and instead of a bow I made some ribbon loop layers. It was a really fast card to make, and I think the shape of it makes it a little extra special.

today is the new Squigglefly challenge, and Maria is celebrating the first day of summer with a challenge to use Yellow in your creation! I have a card I'm working on for that right now and will be posting it tomorrow (fingers crossed!).

I hope you have a fantastic Monday and thanks so much for stopping by to see me!

16 comments:

Elaine A said...

Hi Holly -

Love how are card came out. The balloons really look wonderful. I'm glad Father's Day was great. So was my husband's (at least I think it was - LOL!). He relaxed, ate and relaxed some more.

Elaine Allen

Kristie said...

Very cute! Love all the scallops!

msfreida said...

GOOD MORNING!!! :) YAYYY, I have my life back! While fulfilling my civic duty for the past 2 wks as a Grand Juror, it was most enlightening, but far from the inspiration I'm used to! It will take me forevah to catch up, but I will definitely be eager to see what all I've missed! Speaking of...WOW!!! I LOVE your new look here! SOOO PRETTY! ;) WAAAHOO!!!

This card is the perfect example of what I've been needing! SOOO CREATIVE! Love all the layers, and GF, those balloons ROCK! This has such an awesome design with the DP and all those scallops! This will surely make someone's day! :)

It feels sooo good to be back...missed ya! :)
Hugs~

Catherine said...

What a lovely card Holly ! Love the scalloped edges and the ribbon too ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Marlene said...

I remember this card! I remember watching the tutorial, too...very informative!

Becky said...

I see we changed the blogs look..It looks fabulous. :)
Love the card, great colors and the video was great.

Heather the MooseLover said...

Those transparent balloon are fabulous! I must check out that video!

Kim said...

wonderful card Holly! Love the shape!!
As for your dog.....picture me laying there after cutting grass yesterday!!!! LOL!!
That picture is too cute!

bumblebee creations said...

Oh Dear--a new SF challenge already? I never got the last one done! And I really had the perfect image in mind! Yikes, where does the time go?

Shawna said...

Love those balloons! Have to go check out your technique for making them transparent. Oh, and BTW --- loved that picture of the dog laying in the ice. Too cute! Poor little guy looked so hot. Hoping you get some relief from the heat....you can send it this way!

Linda said...

I love your card. The scalloped rectangle nestabilites worked great.
I really love the new look to your blog!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

this is just fabulous! wonderful how you cropped the balloons! you are a genius - in my eyes - but i'm not telling you that.

on yeah! get behind me in that conga line. as a matter of fact, you can get in FRONT of me as i don't own a bathing suit and i'll just bet dollars to donuts you look way better in one than i do!!!

hugs :)

Vicki said...

Hi Holly...stunning card. I love the colors and love how you did those darn balloons! Your cards are always wonderfully done! Sounds like your Father's Day was nice and relaxing...so was ours for the most part.

HUGS!
Vicki

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

I love your balloons Holly. You do such a great coloring job on them.

I have a sketch challenge on my blog right now and if you play, llink your creation directly to Mr. Linky, you could win 3 of my digital images of your choice. I sure hope you'll give it a whirl. I'd love to see what you come up with.

Gail Moore said...

Hi Holly - great tutorial on those balloons - I'm going to try this right away.

Maria Matter said...

I love how you colored these balloons, you AMAZE me!!!
HUGS!!!