Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Flowers For You

Hi everyone! I hope you are all having a fabulous week! I've been busy, but it's been good. Saturday was our 34th wedding anniversary and tonight we are going to eat out to celebrate since we were in Memphis on Saturday. I'm always glad when I don't have to cook dinner! It was really sweet though on Saturday because even though we were out of town and had left on Friday afternoon, Brock remembered to get me a card and bring it with us to Memphis. When he got up on Saturday morning he laid the card out by my coffee cup. Isn't that sweet? Yeah, I'm gonna keep him!

I've also been spending some time gathering up things for my blogaversary give away. It's been fun shopping for things! I think ya'll will be happy with the things I have.

Today's card is another one I whipped up after work yesterday. I did this for several different challenges. I find that I am able to fit more challenges in when I do them during the week rather than making several over the weekend, but I'm so much more pressed for time!



(click to enlarge)

The Teapot Party this week is simple - do something floral and pretty! I chose to use the fabulous Columbine image that Lynne Stansbery drew. I have some columbine flowers growing in a pot on my porch right now and I took my color inspiration from them.

The challenge at My Time To Craft is another simple one; make a card for someone special. I'll be sending this card to my sister Becky whom you all know just underwent her second bone marrow transplant. One of the things she told me she missed being able to do this spring was plant flowers in her garden, so I think she will enjoy a floral card.

The challenge on Digital Tuesday is to color with chalks. I use chalks a lot for backgrounds and skies and grass, but this time I took the challenge all the way and colored everything except the flower stems with chalk. The flower stems were just a little too thin for me to get my chalks in neatly, so they are colored with colored pencils. It's hard to see in the photo, but the background is also chalked with a light blue.

The Cupcake Craft Challenge is to use some kind of sparkle on your card. I used a white shimmer card stock and there is also some glitter in the designer paper on this.

Monday I went to see a man who makes orthotics and I told him all about my experience with my previous orthotics and the pain I've been having in my leg and he is convinced that he can help me. He even thinks the low back pain I have on my right side will be helped. I will just be glad to get some relief for the pain in my leg. He's given me hope and I'm anxious for him to get these things made - although yesterday Riley was ready to end our morning walk before I was! Since it's gotten so warm during the days she stays up later in the evenings and sits outside in the backyard watching for coons or stray cats or possums to wander in. So I think she was still sleepy from being on watch all night! LOL!

Well, have a great day and thanks for looking!

16 comments:

Catherine said...

Hi Holly ! I love your card with the summery colours and you have coloured the image so wonderfuly well... I am glad that you are going to sort out your problems with your leg... Happy belated wedding anniversary Sweetie ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Vicki said...

Good morning Holly! What a sweetie your honey is! And have a wonderful night out tonight! Not having to cook is a treat in itself! Happy Anniversary. I love the colors of your card today...it is a beauty Holly...and wow, you were able to coordinate it into so many challenges! Hope your day is awesome!
HUGS,
Vicki

Becky said...

Happy anniversary Holly..May you be blessed with many more.
Love this image, you colored this is beautifully.

Linda L said...

Happy Anniversary Holly. 34 years that is wonderful!
I love your card and all the challenges you did. Way to go.
Today is my first day as a retired teacher. Boy do I have a lot to do. I keep thinking I have to get it all done today.
I hope all goes well with the man who makes orthotics and that your leg get better.
Give Riley a pat for me.

~Michelle~ said...

very pretty! Thanks for taking the DT challenge! I colored my whole image in chalks too...something I rarely think to do! :)

Marlene said...

Your card is very pretty!

Love the summery colors.

Happy belated anniversary! That's quite a milestone.

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Holly, what a gorgeous card. Love the image and the colour scheme is stunning. Thanks for joining in with my "dazzling" challenge over at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Ellie said...

This is beautiful Holly. Love that image, you colored it beautifully. Great choice of colors too.
Thanks so much for joining us at the DTC.

Stephanie said...

Holly,
Happy Anniversary, you do not look old enought to be married that long. I love your card, so pretty!

Patricia St Martin said...

Beautiful card. Love the cards.

Kathy said...

Happy 34th Anniversary Holly ...wow 34 years how time must fly!! Love the bright and bold colors of the card so pretty and elegant. Have a great weekend!
HUgs,Kathy

Maria Matter said...

Gorgeous Holly! You Rocked the DTC Chalk challenge!!! So glad you played along!

take care
HUGS!!!

Kim said...

Wonderful card Holly....I love the bright fresh colors you used!

Chrissie said...

What a pretty card!
Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at MTTC this time!
Chrissie

Lora said...

You rocked this weeks challenge Holly! I am nervous about colouring a background with chalk, never mind the whole image! lol
Thanks for joining us this week at Digital Tuesday.
Lora xx

msfreida said...

Sorry I wasn't around to wish you a Happy Anniversary. WOW...34 yrs and you still like each other! So there is still hope for Mark and me, huh? That Brock is one special and lucky guy! Congrats!

Boy Becky is gonna love this one! It will be extra special I'm sure since it showcases 2 of her favorite people's talents! God bless her...please let her know she has a permanent place in my heart and prayers. I can't believe you colored these awesome flowers with chalk! You just have the perfect touch no matter what you're using! ;)

Hugs~