Thursday, June 3, 2010

Hands Of A Hero

Hi everyone! I hope your week is going well.

Splitcoast stampers has a clean and simple challenge every Monday, and since Monday was Memorial Day and I was home from work I had time to play along. The theme this week is Heroes, and here is what I made.



(click to enlarge)

I got a little shadow box frame at the Dollar Tree and covered it with some designer paper from K and Company. I printed the Hands image from Squigglefly along with a sentiment (the sentiment will be released this Saturday) onto some vellum and then I colored it from the back.

I cut some foam core strips to fit inside the frame and then glued the vellum piece to the strips, and then I glued a card stock piece to the back of the frame. So, there is a space between the glass and the vellum, and a space between the vellum and the back.

I finished the frame off with a piece of sheer ribbon wrapped around and a bow placed on top. I think this would be a great gift for new parents or for Father's Day. It was with Father's Day in mind that I think it fits the heroes theme.

I'm also entering this in the Paper Scissors Rocks challenge which is to use something clear and the glass in the frame certainly qualifies for that!

I've got a blogaverssary coming up on the 14th. Can you believe that I've been blogging almost two years! I've been collecting little prizes to offer up as a giveaway, so stay tuned for that! Enjoy your day and thanks for looking!

12 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

What a clever idea! I never think of things like that!!! TFS Holly--you always have the bestest ideas!

Dawn B. said...

This is amazing.. I love it Holly.. It is so true. Your coloring is beautiful. This is a wonderful creation.

msfreida said...

Holly, this just takes my breath it's so gorgeous! WOW! What a PRICELESS gift this would make! I don't know how in the world you came up with this idea, but it's absolutely stunning! The image alone just grabs my heart, and to put it with this quote, oh man, I'm blown away! Sooo creative, and the frame and ribbon are a perfect fit! Oh girl, you are over the top with this one! ;)

Hugs~

Shawna said...

Love this project Holly! I have never heard of coloring vellum from the back (and truth be known, I have never colored vellum on the front either!!)and I can't wait to try this. Heart-tugging image and a wonderful sentiment, too.

Marlene said...

Very pretty! I've seen this technique before - but have never tried it. You may have just inspired me!

Maria Matter said...

oh WOW Holly, this is magnificent!!!
a truly lovely creation!!!
Hugs & blessings!

Glenda said...

Holly this is absolutely gorgeous! What a fabulous project! Thanks for playing along with my Random Amusing Challenge and have a great day.

Heather said...

Totally precious.. Love that image...

acreativeneed said...

A beautiful sentiment and a precious project Holly!
smiles,Deena

Emma said...

So beautiful and precious Holly...
Hugs Emma x

Dawn Frost said...

Oh my goodness Holly I am in awe! What a beautiful picture. I love the way you put the sheer ribbon over the edges. You did an incredible job. Thank you for sharing!

Vicki said...

Oh Holly this one is absolutely stunning...would have been a perfect idea for a mother's day card. Love it!

Hugs,
Vicki