Wednesday, June 30, 2010

How To Please A Cat

Good morning everyone! We had such a wonderful rain yesterday. It was badly needed too! I loved the cloudy day that kept the sun at bay.


Today I have a fun card to show you, and it was super fast to do because I used one of the Inside Outs from Squigglefly! This one is called Happy Cat by Chesney Young. If you aren't familiar with the Inside Outs line at Squigglefly; they come with a sentiment and image for the front and a sentiment and image for the inside so you have your whole card right there for you!

Here's the front of my card



(click to enlarge)

I colored with Copic markers and used some of the fun cat eyes on the kitty. The paper in the background is some I made on my computer. Now, here's the inside



(click to enlarge)

Isn't this just too fun? Sure to make a cat lover on your list smile!

Chesney recently sent me pictures of her cat to show me how the idea came to her for this set and I thought I'd share them with you





Well, today's the day I announce the winner of the blog candy I have to celebrate my two year blogaversary and if you're the lucky winner you'll have three packages of these cool cat eyes to use yourself! The winner of the blog candy chosen by random.org is #11 which makes Terri Scott aka avidreader the winner of my blog candy!
Terri, please contact me at usyungs@gmail.com with your mailing address so I can send the blog candy your way!

Thanks to you all for the comments and for making the past two years of blogging so worth it! Have a fantastic day, and thanks for looking!

19 comments:

Catherine said...

Holly Sweetie, I adore your card ! The little cat is so sweet and the background is fab (you are so clever !) I love the sentiment too, it is so so true ! Our little Sukie can't resist a box, she has to explore it and most of the time if it is big enough she ends up in it ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Maria Matter said...

too cute!!! Loved that you shared the inspiration photos! lol

congrats to Terri!!!

have a wonderful day Holly!
HUGS!

Linda said...

You made this cat lover smile!
So cute and I love the photos!

msfreida said...

Boy that Chesney really knows how to steal my heart! :) These are the cutest images (brilliant as a matter of fact!) and ohhh SO TRUE! Our Batman has to check out every box that enters our home. It's sooo funny to watch their curiosity! Holly, you created such a precious card...SOOO lovin' those eyes! :)...and that background paper ROCKS! Y'all just make a perfect team!

Congrats again on your blogaversary...you and your blog are such a blessing to me! :)
Congrats also to Terri for being the lucky winner of your most generous jackpot! I know you will have a ball playing with all your new playthings! Waaahooo!!! :)

Hugs~

Dawn B. said...

This is such a sweet card.. LOL.. I love her inspirational cat.. It is perfect.. Send us some rain here in NC.. it is so hot and dry..

jannes hobbykrok said...

Aww...too cute!Love your cat photos,and your adorable card!
Janne

Shawna said...

Love those cat eyes!!! And the real cat who was the inspiration for this fun image. Congrats to Terri! AND I am glad you are getting some rain Holly!

Diane (djuseless) said...

Too cute and so true! My cat loves bags too.

BTW, check out my blog tomorrow. I finished the quilt last night! Yipppeeee!

Becky said...

This is just too cute, I love this card and love how you did the inside.

Patricia St Martin said...

What a great idea for a card. I would of never thought. My cats do the same thing, anything that get on the floor paper bag, box, soda containers. They are so funny.. TFS

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

Congrats to Terri!

Holly that kitty in a box is too stinkin' cute! And the card's not bad either. :O)

Heeheehee, seriously I adore the card and you... and the cat.

Jennifer Scull said...

such a true sentiment - holds true for bags as well..... what a fun card! :)

and how fun for Terri since her birthday is coming up!!! congrats on the big prize!!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What an awesome card Holly!! Such a true sentiment!! Love your photos too!
hugs,
Chris

bumblebee creations said...

Love the new in and outs!! What a super card, and love the pics of the kitty!

Marlene said...

Heeheehee....I love it!!!! Too funny. I remember my kitties loving boxes, too (when I had kitties). Love the way those eyes glow on the inside of the card! What a great idea!

Jeanette said...

Hi Holly, It's been a while since I've been to visit your blog. I sure picked a good day. I love this card and of course the inspiration photos are adorable.

bernietom47 said...

This card made me smile. Never knew a cat who didn't love to play in a box. Don't know a cat lover who wouldn't love this card.
Hugs
Bernie

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

I'm a little slow, but I did email you about the candy win! Thanks. i'm trying to get caught up so I can party all weekend!

Alice Wertz said...

adorable cards and LOVE those fun kitty photos!!! =)