Saturday, June 12, 2010

In The Meantime

Hi everyone! I'm working on cards for you! In the meantime head over to Squigglefly and check out the new releases! They're fantastic and fun!

I do have one card that I made last night because I was in need for a baby boy card. I stopped by the scrapbook store on my way home from work and found some adorable papers from Imaginisce and Piggy Tales and then came home and got busy.


(click to enlarge)

I printed out the ever adorable Jerry Giraffe (he's only 99 cents!) and then colored him blue and brown with Copic markers. I cut him out and mounted him on a piece of ivory card stock that was embossed with swiss dots embossing folder. Doesn't he go perfect with that cute giraffe and turtle designer paper?

The sentiment is from Stampin' Up! and is stamped in chocolate chip ink. I attached it to the tied lace with a blue safety pin. The blue with brown dots piece on the side is punched with a border punch from Martha Stewart.

Here's the inside



I can do little girl things all day long, but boy things take me a lot longer.

Like I said - I'm planning on making some cards using some of the new images, but first I've got to clean my house! It has been neglected a bit lately so I'm putting on my I-pod and getting to work! Wishing you all a wonderful Saturday, and thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Rachel said...

Holly, this is soooo precious!! Those papers are perfect.
hugs,
Rachel :0)

Lisa Summerhays said...

Cute! Love how you colored him and the inside fantastic too.

www.alittlethisandalotofthat.blogspot.com said...

Great card... I love giraffes....

Harriet

Pam in Ar. said...

You're right...it is hard to do boy things, and buy boy clothes and so on :) You did a fantastic job, as usual! Love the card...

Shawna said...

Love, love, love this card Holly. So precious! And hey, when you get done with your house will you come do mine? :-)

Shawna said...

Love, love, love this card Holly. So precious! And hey, when you get done with your house will you come do mine? :-)

Nora said...

Just darling! I'm with you...making for guys is always harder...there's not a lot of cool stuff out there, especially as they hit those teen years.
♥hugs♥

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

awe. this is darling. I love giraffes, they are my favorite zoo type animal. cute card.

Heather the MooseLover said...

Adorable card! All those dots are perfect with that image.

Received your card yesterday- Thanks!

Marlene said...

Awww...how adorable!!! Love the dots, too. Such a cute touch!

Alice Wertz said...

aww.... this is so adorable! love it! =)

msfreida said...

Is this not precious??? ;) This image is sooo sweet and how lucky to find the perfect DP! All your special touches really make for an awesome design! I love the sentiment inside too! Yeah, lil boy cards are harder for me too!

Just curious to know what tunes you have on that Ipod of yours!

Hugs~