Saturday, June 26, 2010

Last minute sneak peeks

Don't forget to enter for my blog-aversary candy HERE

Happy Saturday everyone! Well today is going to be a new release of images at Squigglefly, but Ashley seems to have overslept this morning and hasn't put them up yet! So, I thought while we're waiting for them I'd show you a couple of cards I've made using some of the images that will be there later today.

First up is a new Shy Bear called Saturday Night Bath.


(click to enlarge)

I love the mad expressions on their faces! He is not too happy about getting cleaned up, and the mama bear doesn't look too pleased that he got dirty in the first place! LOL!

I colored with Copic markers and chalked the sky. I added some liquid appliqué for the soap suds and crystal effect on the water. Here's a close up


(click to enlarge)

My words are printed with the computer and if you want to know what the inside says - it says "The more you have the more wrinkled you get"

Next up is a card that uses a set called Women Are Like Teabags. It comes with the teapot, cup, and sentiment.


(click to enlarge)

I colored the teapot with Copic markers. The piece on the side was punched with a Martha Stewart border punch called Quilt. The cool frayed ribbon was some I found on clearance at Michaels.

For the inside I created a pop up for the cup and cut a slit in it so I could make my steam from vellum come rising up out of it.



(click to enlarge)

the inside sentiment is not part of the set, it was just something I added.

I hope seeing these whets your appetite for the later when the images are up! Now I'm off to make my grocery list and head to the grocery store! At least it's cool in the store, and I'm up for doing anything as long as I'm in the AC!

Thanks for looking!

14 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

Oh Holly!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your teapot card!!! The SB too, but your saying is just perfect on the Teapot--Love it!! Hope you have a marvelous weekend!

Lynnor Goodwin said...

Oh, he sure doesn't look happy about that bath!! So cute!!

Linda said...

Oh nobody looks happy in that first card. I think the sentiment is great.
I love how you did the steam with the vellum. That was a great idea.

Shawna said...

Love both these cards Holly, but that pop-up teapot is fantastic!

Carole RB said...

Hi Holly
You've made two beautiful cards.

Maria Matter said...

these are fabulous Holly! love your special touches on both!!!
blessings!

Elaine A said...

Holly -

What a wonderful job you've done on these cards. I love them!

Elaine Allen

Heather said...

Way too cute love the one with bubbles!!

Heather said...

Way too cute love the one with bubbles!!

Michelle said...

Both cards are just fabulous Holly, but I'm rushing off now to buy the teabag set, it's sums me up to a 'tea' at the moment.
Sending you a big hug
Michelle Nadudvary

msfreida said...

HOLY COW...you've been one busy lady! :) THESE ARE BOTH FABULOUS! The Shy Bears' expressions are PRICELESS and I LOVE that clever sentiment! Just too funny! Your suds and bubbles look sooo real and the DP used couldn't be more perfect! The teapot one is GORGEOUS! What an AWESOME image...and what a bargain, I might add! What a creative design with your new punch, and amazing looking steam! FANTASTIC job! :)

Hugs~

sucor said...

Two more awesome cards! thanks for sharing!

treesawardincrafts said...

Holly I just love that tea pot card. The sentiment is PRICELESS! Smashing, Teresa xxx

Marlene said...

These are all gorgeous - and you know I LOVE those shy bears!