Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Moon Fairy

Hi everyone! Isn't it great to already be at hump day? I love four day work weeks!

Squigglefly is having a short sale! Yesterday they announced a discount code on their blog for ten percent off, but the sale ends today. I just wanted to let you know about it before it was too late! You can grab the code from their blog, and if you aren't already a follower become one because when they reach 300 followers they will offer a 30% discount code! Whoo Hoo! Can't beat that with a stick!

Well, Jackie Mathews has done it again. She's drawn an image that just makes me itch to color and make a card! I'm talking about her captivating little Moon Fairy that was released on Saturday.


(click to enlarge)

Isn't she just adorable? I colored her with Copic markers and chalk and then added lots of glitter. I followed the sketch for Saturday's sketch challenge on Paper Craft Planet, and since I used some tissue paper on the vertical strip I am also entering this in 365 cards challenge to use tissue paper.

The words were printed out on the computer and then I cut a star shape out and dredged the edges in embossing ink and embossed some silver embossing powder on it. It doesn't really look silver in the photo though.

The paper behind the vertical strip is some blue handmade paper that has silver embossed dots and stars all over it. I cut one of the silver stars out and glued it to the ribbon's knot and then I found some silver cording and pulled individual strands of it out and tied them in the knot and let them fan out. The whole card really does look so much better in real life.

Jackie's images just make me smile. Here's something I found while blog surfing the other day, and even though it's a commercial I think the message is wonderful and it makes me smile too so I'm sharing it with all of you! If you can't view the video from my blog, you can view it at youtube HERE

13 comments:

Marlene said...

What a sweet adorable image! Love the card.

Shawna said...

Love this card Holly! So many sweet little touches that make me think "magical" and "imagination". I love how you pulled the silver thread apart- super touch!

msfreida said...

Oh I love your video! Precious way to get the message across! I think this is one of my main misses with teaching. Encouraging young minds to just TRY something new, opens so many doors! It gave us both such a "high" when that light bulb turned on! Ahhh, sweet memories!

Jackie did such an awesome job on this image, and you really brought it to life with your special touches! OHHH, your coloring, especially on the moon, is phenomenal! WOW...and her glittered wings, fabulous! The paper with the embossed stars was the perfect choice! This one is 'out of this world'!!! teehee :) I love it!

Hugs~

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

only you can find something like this!!! super!

fabulous card. love that ribbon too! get to open the windows the rest of the week - only in the low 70's yay. want some???? you may have to come and get it - lol!

hugs :)

Niki said...

Holly,
I work for the company behind Foundation for A Better Life. It's a wonderful message and mission.

Niki

Patricia St Martin said...

Holly, Emma and I are looking at your card today and Emma wants to tell you she likes your card also she like the big star and the little stars, her wings and her hair. What more do you want from a 4 year old, I have to put Emma here so you know she is that old. I think it is really cute and love your colors.
Hugs, Emma and Grandma

bumblebee creations said...

well it seems that I missed a couple of your most recent cards! They are all awesome as usual Holly! I do love that image of the girl on the moon! So sweet-I better go take another look-I must have missed some of the new ones!

Linda L said...

Oh my I love the video! What a wonderful way to make us smile. Thank you Holly.
I love your card too. I am a big moon and star girl.
Hugs,
Linda

Vicki said...

Holly hello! I am sorry for not being here for a while...have a lot to catch up on! Your card is precious...I really love that image and your layout! What an awesome video you shared as well...gave me goosebumps! Hope you are doing well too Holly and thanks for coming by to see me!

HUGS!
Vicki

Maria Matter said...

oh she's darling Holly! Adorable card!
HUGS!

cute video too!

Heather said...

Really cute!! Love the spark-lie ribbon!!

Gloria Stengel said...

Super cute! Thanks for playing at 365 Cards!

Pam said...

Adorable is right! Sweet card :)