Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Squigglefly Challenge With Tulips

Don't forget to enter for my blog-aversary candy HERE

Hi everyone! I told you yesterday that I went a little crazy over the Squigglefly challenge this week. Kim challenged everyone to make a card using Jane's Retro Tulips image. It is such a fun image to color - and this week it's super easy to join in because you can get the image free at the Squigglefly blog!

I have really enjoyed seeing all the different cards the design team made with this image. Really some fabulous creations and so much inspiration that I was inspired to do three cards!



(click to enlarge)

This one was colored with colored pencils. I used a new Martha Stewart punch called Quilt and then made some little pearls in the holes on the right side with some liquid pearls by tulip paint - how appropriate huh?



(click to enlarge)

This one was inspired by Kathy Racoosin because she does some awesome things by adding dots to her images. I colored with Copic markers and then used a white gel pen and a black Copic pen to add dots. It really changes up the whole look of the image doesn't it? The Just For You image is from a clear Hero Arts stamps set.

Last, but not least we have some blue tulips



(click to enlarge)

this was colored with Copic markers too and this time I just used the words from the Hero Arts stamp.

I sure hope you will join in the challenge. You haven't got anything to lose and you can win a free image of your choice. You can even wait until the new releases come out on Saturday to choose your freebie!

There is lots of stuff going on at Squigglefly right now. We are welcoming not one, but TWO new artists! Be sure to start following the design team because you'll be seeing some sneak peeks!

Also, as you know a Squigglefly group has opened up on Paper Craft Planet and Jennifer and Heather have quite a line up planned for a grand opening celebration this weekend beginning on Friday the 2nd of July. We are getting involved in the card drive for Bella and Lynne Stansbery has generously drawn a special image and is offering free for you to make and send a card to this courageous little girl. Lynne has also colored in an original drawing of one of the images that will be released this weekend called Mama's Little Helper, and she has donated this as well! Someone will be so very lucky to receive this original drawn, colored, and signed by the artist! Wanna see it?


(click to enlarge)

Wouldn't you love to win that? Well go on and join up in the Squigglefly group on Papercraft Planet now! The grand opening celebration starts this Friday!

Also Squigglefly is having a Firecracker Sale on some brand new fourth of July images from artist Cheryl Alger! Don't miss out on this great deal - the sale only lasts through the week!

okay, I know this has been a really long post - but there is one more thing I want to share with you and I think since I showed you THREE whole cards in one post AND showed you where you could get a freebie, AND told you about a great fun time where you can win prizes over the weekend - for all of that you can read a little bit longer - and I think you'll be glad you did. :)

I was visiting Michelle's blog yesterday and saw this post , and when I saw it, I was reminded of a video I saw a few weeks ago and I thought you would all like it too! If you can't see the video from my blog here's the link to see it on Youtube. It's only 20 seconds long and it's guaranteed to make you smile! Tomorrow I will announce the winner of the blog candy I'm giving away - so stay tuned for that! Have a fantastic day and thanks for looking!




Tomorrow I will announce the winner of the blog candy I'm giving away - so stay tuned for that! Have a fantastic day and thanks for looking!

15 comments:

Elaine A said...

Holly -

I guess you did get a little tulip happy - LOL! But they are all so different and yet each is just beautiful. What a wonderful job you've done with them - fantastic work!
And thank you, thank you for the video! That was just so sweet! That was one happy goose! He was so excited he couldn't help but dance!

Elaine Allen

sucor said...

Love the duck video!

Shawna said...

You went "Hogwild" with the tulips!!! Love them. Hoping I can get a chance to join in, but it's hopping around here. Squigglefly is really exploding with images, new groups, fun challenges. Yea Squigglefly!!!!

Heather the MooseLover said...

Oh Holly your cards are gorgeous, I especially like how you colored the yellow one. I really liked coloring that image too.

I can't wait to giveaway that handsigned artwork by your sister Lynne. Saturday!

msfreida said...

It has been sooo inspiring to see everyone's take on this fabulous image and these examples are not only totally cool, they ROCK, GF!!! :) Each one is sooo unique and oh sooo charming! LOVE the one colored with pencils...that blending of colors looks fabulous! I NEED that border punch too! :) I also LOVE the red/green color combo and those dots add just the right touch! :) And the blue set really looks incredible with how you outlined with the greens! OH MY!!! :)

I am just dying to give this image a shot but will have to wait for hubby to fix my PC again! He keeps saying it's crashing because of XP, but I've heard Windows 7 won't work with my cutter! What's a paper crafter to do??? UGHHH!

Lynne's drawing is a masterpiece and the winner will be most fortunate to have this original! What a thoughtful and generous cause to participate in! Lynne and SF always steps up to share their talents and also their hearts! KUDOS LADIES! :) You are such blessings to us all!

Hugs~

Becky said...

Love these flowers, they all look great and love those bears.

treesawardincrafts said...

Holly, Goodness that was a long read, but I loved the video, so funny, and you would do Amsterdam proud girlie. Those tulips are grand. Hugs Teresa xxx

Patricia St Martin said...

You have been a busy girl. The flowers look wonderful in all colors. You sure do a wonderful job on your Shy Bears. Love the way you color them.

Tracey said...

You have been busy Holly & how worthwhile your efforts have been all these cards are gorgeous :)

LOL that video is so funny!

Hugs
Tracey
xx

Marlene said...

Your cards are simply MAHVELOUS, my dear!! Beautiful!!!

Wait a minute - is Lynne your sister? She's UBER TALENTED!!! I LOVE her shy bears!!!

Looking forward to the PCP fun!

The video cracked me up! Cute little dancin' feet on that honker!

Kim Dellow said...

Oh lovely cards! I love all your tulips! Kim

Dawn Edwards said...

Holly you did a Fabulous job on all those cards, But then again you always do! I'm gonna try my best to make it over to PCP for the grand opening! I would LOVE a Lynne original. It's my favorite series after-all. I loved the video so funny now if it was a Penguin it would be ironic but definitely a happy duck.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

holly, holly! the cards are gorgeous! i love the border on the yellow one, and i absolutely love the dots on the middle one and the blue is stunning! you are on a roll!

and everything else is absolutely fantastic. all the good news for SF! woooooooo hooooooooo!

hugs :)

Dawn Frost said...

Wow you really got to play, so many great cards. I live how you did all of the tulips, but of course my favorite is the shybear! lol

Jennifer Scull said...

each one of the tulip cards is wonderful, but I think I like the one with the little dots the best. what a fun trick to try out! doesn't it add some neat interest to an already phenom image?!?!

and goodness, that piece of art is amazing! I know I am going to want that new shy bear, but Lynne is just so generous!! I think we will have loads of fun, no pun intended!!, this weekend! can't wait!

doing the duck dance...... quack quack!