Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Squigglefly's Challenge

Hi everyone. I hope you enjoyed your holiday weekend as much as I did. Yesterday was Squigglefly's challenge, and Kim challenged everyone to make a joy fold card. You can see how to make a joy fold card HERE.

I made mine a 4 1/4" square card and used some of the new papers I bought at the scrapbook store the other day.


(click to enlarge)

The image is a Shy Bear called Basket Bear and it's colored with Copic markers. The paper is some double sided paper from Upsy Daisy Designs, and I just used one side on the bottom and the other side on the inside. One reason I love double sided paper is that you know they go together! If you enlarge the image you will see that it's printed out on some shimmery white card stock. I love the glimmer it gives the whole image.

The sentiment was computer generated and I cut it and the layer behind it with a nestabilites die. The border punch is from Martha Stewart. The panel that hasthe image on it tucks behind the sentiment circle to keep it closed.

If you haven't done a joy fold card before, you should really give it a shot! They are quick and easy. Plus you have a chance to win a prize if you enter your card in Squigglefly's challenge!

If you follow my blog, you know that I walk Riley a lot. For about the past year and half when I walk sometimes a muscle deep in the side of my left calf will hurt really badly and I'll have to stop and stretch it before continuing my walk. I've been to a special shoe store and bought some really expensive shoes and had orthopedic inserts made for my shoes. I've been to a massage therapist and lately a chiropractor - all to get some help for this dang muscle! I would think as much walking as I do the muscle would be used to it and not hurt like that!

Well, the other day I was griping about my pain to Ashley and I told her that I know when I walk I walk on the outside of my feet, and the inserts I got seem to throw me even further to the outside of my feet. Disgusted with the stupid inserts I decided to see what would happen if I put them in the opposite shoes. They wouldn't fit, and I had to cut off the top portion so I ended up only with the heels. I put the heels inside the opposite shoes and tried them on. After a little more cutting and adjusting I went for a walk - a long walk; and no pain in my leg! I think those people made the inserts wrong! I'm going to give these inserts several more days of walking to be sure, and if I continue to have no pain I'm going to a DIFFERENT place to get some proper inserts made. It just amazes me that none of the massage therapists or the chiropractor ever suggested that to me!

Well, enjoy your day and thanks for stopping by to see me!

10 comments:

msfreida said...

Yayyy..it's so nice to learn something new! I have never heard of a joy fold card, much less made one! Beate does a fantastic job explaining just how much joy goes into them! :) Leave it to Kim to come up with such an interesting challenge too! Well you ROCKED yours, and this image is synonymous with the technique...pure joy! Anything with a Shy Bear on it definitely puts joy in your heart! The DPs are GORGEOUS and coordinates beautifully with the ribbon and borders! Such a precious card! :)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed with your cut-to-order inserts! Gosh, when my feet hurt, I hurt all over! I'm sooo sorry you've had to deal with this, but hopefully you've found the answer! :)

Hugs~

Catherine said...

Hi Holly ! What a delicious card ! The image is so sweet ! I have enjoyed making my joy-fold card for the challenge, it's really fun to make ! It's a good job that you thought about changing your inserts ! Hope you won't be in any pain now ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Shawna said...

Fantastic that you may have solved that muscle problem! Let me know if it doesn't --- there's a book called Trigger Points and massaging a knotted muscle in one place can make all the difference in another muscle farther away. Some massage therapists know these things, some don't. I would be happy to send you the full name and author if you are interested. And I am gonna try that joy fold card! Have a great day.

Marlene said...

YUMMY card!!! I love those shy bears. Just bought a few of those images myself last week! Oh, I am tempted to jump in on this challenge!

Good for you, figuring out that your inserts might be all messed up without the help of some "expert"...but man, what a pain in the butt spending all that money IF they WERE done wrong! Grrrr. I hope your leg pain stays away.

Patricia St Martin said...

you did a wonderful job on you card. I think I want to join you on this challenge. Never did this card.

Becky said...

I am glad you figured this out. Many times I have to do research so I can tell my Dr. what we should do :).
love the card today this little guy by far is my fav.

Linda L said...

Great card Holly. I am going to go and learn how it is done.
I guess we are our own best Dr. I hope you continue to get better.

Kim said...

Wonderful card Holly! I love that image.
I hear ya when it comes to walking! I have trouble in both heels!
Good luck with your inserts!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

and to think we pay money for that!!!! hope those heel inserts help for sure. and i love the card.

Dawn Frost said...

I LOVE shy bears and your is totally adorable! I've never done a joy fold card and I'm off to give it a try.