Saturday, June 19, 2010

Whining About Your Age

Don't forget to enter for my blog-aversary candy HERE

Good morning to you all! Wow, is it hot here! High nineties with heat indexes 105 to 107 degrees! Someone sent me this picture yesterday, and it just says it all



If you've been to Squigglefly then you've seen the new releases and know how wonderful they are! I know I say that every week but every week it's true!

I have a super fast, but funny without being mean birthday card that is great for men and women! Really, it doesn't get much easier than this


(click to enlarge)

This uses one of the new images released today and I followed the Clean and Simple Stamping sketch for this. The image and the sentiment are all in one, so I simply printed it out on some Stampin' Up! designer paper and colored in the image with Copics. I attached some lace at the bottom of the panel and then tied a piece of torn fabric around it. That fabric goes with that card stock perfectly don't you think?

In the sketch, they have an embellishment or image toward the upper left, but I figured the image in my sentiment would count as that. I really like it because the humor is subtle and make people do a double take.

You really need to check out the store and see everything that's new, and be sure to check out the design team's blogs for some samples as well! Since it's such a hot day I am not planning on doing much. Hiding out in my craft room making cards. listening to a good book or some music, and sipping on some iced tea sounds like the ticket! I hope you have a great day and thanks for looking!

15 comments:

Catherine said...

Hi Holly ! What a beautiful and elegant card ! Love the sentiment (and the font). Love the photo too !!! Poor doggie ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Vicki said...

Holly you are right, this card would be good for either men or women! Like that you printed it out on patterned paper too..and oh my that pic of the dog was so darn cute! Hope you have an awesome day creating, I am hoping to get some done as well!

HUGS!
Vicki

Linda said...

I love that picture!
Your card is great. I know a some good friends would love that sentiment.

Heather said...

Super cute card!!! Love the dog image..

bumblebee creations said...

Awesome card Holly! Sounds like a great plan for the day!!!

Rachel said...

Love your card Holly! that image printed with that dp is just perfect!
hugs,
Rachel

Becky said...

I love this picture Holly :). Love your card today also, but I think the dog stole the show.

Maria Matter said...

lol, great photo and great card...I think that sentiment is so funny!

We have the heat too, but those of us that live in the A/C are doing just fine!!!!

take care
hugs & blessings!

Marlene said...

Bahahaha!!! Love that dog pic!!!!

Adorable card! So perfect for so many occasions.

Debby said...

Simple yet extremely effective! Pretty. you should get a pic of riley on a pile of ice, that would be cute :)

treesawardincrafts said...

That photo is priceless, our summer is on it's way. Not yet as hot as where you are but give it time.

Don't you just love quick cards sometimes?

acreativeneed said...

Hot Dawg!! Lol. Great pic and wonderful card! TFS
Smiles Deena

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh that picture is hysterical. i KNOW you hate the heat too, so it's xtra funny!

super card! like the colors.

hugs :)

Lynnor Goodwin said...

The photo of the bull dog cracks me up! Both of my step-daughters have English Bulldogs, so they would definitely appreciate the humor of it!! The card is really cute, too!! Love the sentiment!!

msfreida said...

Oh can I ever relate to the photo! This is priceless! Can you image what we're in for come July and August??? ECKKK!

Love the card! Such a FABULOUS image and BRILLIANT sentiment! The torn fabric you used looks fabulous with the background paper...perfect match! In fact, this color combo is so awesome for the image! AWESOME job!

Hugs~