Thursday, July 22, 2010

Back To School Clothes Shopping

Hi everyone! A while back I was talking with Heather and she mentioned she was going to be doing some back to school clothes shopping with her tween daughter soon. We joked about how not fun that is. Well, sometimes it can be fun - but at that age what the child wants to buy versus what the parent likes and is willing to pay - there are bound to be some arguments!

Anyway, I made this card for Heather as a kind of joke


(click to enlarge)

I used the Shy Bear If The Shoe Fits image and colored with Copic markers and chalk. The words are computer generated. Here's the inside of the card



(click to enlarge)

I love the look on this mother bear's face!

Today is my birthday and to celebrate we are going out to eat at a favorite Chinese place of mine! I've received so many wonderful cards and a couple of gift certificates so I can get my Copic refills! Yay!

Tomorrow I will have a sneak peek of one of this weekend's release. It's a fun one! Have a great one, and thanks for looking!

15 comments:

theCook said...

Happy Birthday!

Alice Wertz said...

this is adorable!

Diane (djuseless) said...

Happy Birthday Holly!

Cute shy bear too! I may need that image for some friends that have a show fettish!!! TFS!

Linda said...

Happy Birthday Holly!
You already need refills? Oh are you using the air bursh?

This card is perfect for anyone doing back to school shopping. I love the way you color those bears.

Shawna said...

This card is not only cute, but funny, too! Who would have thought that combo would come from you? LOL! LOVE this card Holly -- it's just like you, cute and funny!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

msfreida said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SWEET FRIEND!!! Better slow down...you're catching up to me! NOT!!! :)

Well old age hasn't affected your brilliant wit! :) This is ADORABLE!!! I know Heather will get a kick out of it! This is one of my favorite images and the DPs you paired it with are perfect! Such a FANTASTIC card!

I hope you have the greatest birthday of all! Just hope you don't have to call the fire dept! :)

Big hugs~

Dawn Frost said...

Happy Birthday Holly! Fabulous card with my favorite set of bears, lol. Love the look on the Mom's face, her eyes are adorable!

Becky said...

Happy Birthday Holly!!! May you have the best day. Love your card, these shy bears are just adorable.

Marlene said...

Happy Birthday to you!!! Happy Birthday to you!!!!! (Ok, I know my singing sucks, so I'll stop before you incur any permanent damage to the ear drums).

This card is so stinkin' cute! One of my new favorites of yours!!! The image is just too funny!!!! LOVE it!

PBrown9624 said...

Happy Birthday to you! Have a great day!
hugs~
Pam

Margaret said...

Hope that you're having a wonderful birthday :O)

Dawn B. said...

Happy birthday sweet Holly.. I hope your day was wonderful... I remember those tween school shopping days.. I just as soon forget... Yikes.. Great card. She will love it..

Terri said...

Cute card. Love those bears. Happy Birthday! I hope it was a great one!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh i so remember when (1) i had a closet full of 85 pairs of shoes and (2) when i could actually walk in them !!! i'd topple over for sure now - even in flats - lol!

super cute card and, of course, ur sentiment is fun!

hugs :)

Maria Matter said...

Happy Birthday Holly!!!
Hope you had a wonderful dinner out...I love Chinese food...my fav too!

Adorable card, we homeschoolers don't need to go school shopping...unless our PJ's wear out! But I could always go shoe shopping! This is fun image!