Thursday, July 1, 2010

Birthday Safari

The winner of my blog candy was announced yesterday - was it you? To find out be sure to read THIS POST!

Hi everyone! What a wonderful cool morning it is! We had a bit of a break from the horrible heat wave and it actually dropped into the high sixties last night so it looks as if Riley and I will have a pleasurable walk this morning!

I have a card today that uses one of the images that will be released this weekend at Squigglefly. Joni Walker is making her artistic debut on Squigglefly this weekend. You can see this and several other of her wonderful images on Saturday.


(click to enlarge)

This image is called African Giraffe and I colored it with Copic markers. I used a bit of green chalk around the background. The animal print background paper is some that I got the last time I shopped at the Dollar Tree. You know the squares of tissue they use to wrap around breakables? Well, I just asked for some of them in the prints I liked and they let me pick! It's like being able to get your choice of free papers at a scrapbook store! It goes perfect with this giraffe don't you think?

I wrapped some cording around the bottom and pushed the ends through a bead that I had in my stash. Don't forget to check out the new design team's blogs for more sneak peeks! I am entering this card in the Dare You To Digi Stamp challenge which is all about the outdoors!

I hope you have a great day, and thanks for looking!

16 comments:

Alice Wertz said...

this is adorable!

Catherine said...

Hi Sweetie ! Your card is fantastic ! The image is coloured to perfection and I do love the background (clever you !) Love the sentiment too ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Elaine A said...

Hi Holly -

I love how this came out. What a wonderful job you've done. Now I have to go visit the Dollar Tree - LOL! This is such a sweet image.

Elaine Allen

msfreida said...

Oh I can't wait to see more of Joni's images...this one is FABULOUS! Giraffes have always been one of my favorite animals and this lil cutie really gets my attention with those eyes! :) I love all your creative touches too! This tissue paper couldn't be more perfect and the bead really finishes the look! LOVE the sentiment too! :) Just too cute!

Hugs~

Linda said...

Oh I really like this image. Giraffes are one of my favorite animals. Their colors always amaze me when I look at them. Wonderful card.

Diane (djuseless) said...

Very witty! Your coloring is wonderful and so is that DP!!!

BTW, my quilt is done and is posted on my blog today!

Inger said...

Such a sweet and cool card Holly!! :)
Have a lovely day.

♥ Hugs, Inger

Shawna said...

ooooo! LOVE that giraffe and yes, that paper is PERFECT for this image. Can't wait to see the other sneak peeks. You are just so clever!

Dawn Frost said...

Wow what a fabulous image! I can't wait to see what else is release on Saturday!I lLOVE the colours you used on him and the background rocks!

Lynnor Goodwin said...

what a handsome giraffe image!!! Beautiful card!!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

i love this card! and wooooooo hoooooo it's JONI!!!!! i'm sooo thrilled!

your cat post is hysterical!

hugs from jade!

Marlene said...

Looks GREAT! What a neato idea....and I LOVE the bead in the twine....perfect addition!

Chris said...

Great card Holly and such wonderful colouring! The sentiment cracked me up, I love it. Thanks for joining us at DU2DS, Chris :)

Vicki said...

Holly this is one cool card!!! Your coloring is over the top! and I love how you coordinated the ribbon and paper! Awesome.

HUGS!
Vicki

bumblebee creations said...

Love your sentiment Holly! How cute!

Maria Matter said...

beautiful card Holly!! fun sentiment!
hugs