Friday, July 30, 2010

Call The Firemen!

Hi everyone! Happy Friday! Man, our forecast for the next ten days looks absolutely horrible. Heat indexes of 104 to 108 almost every single day! I hope all of you summer people are enjoying this heat, but I'm so ready for it to be over. Bring on the cooler temps and lower humidity!

Okay, enough complaining from me! Let's get on to today's card




(click to enlarge)


I used the adorable little fireman from Jackie Mathews Fire Fighter Group for this. It's colored with Copic markers and a little bit of chalk. At first glance you might think this is a cute birthday card for a boy; and it would be except I don't need a birthday for a boy. Instead I used the fireman as a way of poking a little fun at a person having so many candles that they have to have the fire department on standby!


(click to enlarge)

The little rhyme was printed with my computer as was the greeting on the front of the card. I love the bright colors of this card! Well, enjoy your day and I hope you are staying cool or loving the heat wherever you may be! Thanks for looking!

19 comments:

theCook said...

I love the glittery stars and circles on the background paper. So much birthday-y!

Craftyanny said...

cute as a button Holly
Anne x

Linda said...

I am with you Holly. 70-80 and no humidity is perfect for me. We had two nice days in a row. I hate when you know that the next 10 or 5 or what ever are going to be bad. Good think is it is a great excuse to stay inside and craft. LOL
I love your card. The sentiment cracked me up. Great idea!

Catherine said...

What a delicious card Holly ! I love this little fireman and your colouring is stunning ! Love the glitter on the DP too ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Maria Matter said...

oh this is so cute!!! love the bright happy colors and your little rhyme!

We're finally having a pleasant day, low to no humidity. ahhhh, what a relief. Sat is to be nice too then back to the heatwave next week!
hugs & blessings

Shawna said...

REALLY cute card Holly! Love that inside sentiment. Sorry it is going to be so hot; I know you hate it.

BlueRose said...

How cute is he! Love all of the detail that you did on your card♥

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

the little fireman is simply precious Holly and the sentiment is too funny! TFS

msfreida said...

How adorable and ohhh sooo clever!!! Teehee :) Perfect image and this DP is sooo festive! Your border punch added just the perfect touch too! LOVE IT! :)

OMGolly is it HOT! I pledge NEVER to complain about being cold EVER again! Couple no air conditioning with a hot flash and you are one drenched mama! UGHHH!

Hugs~

Becky said...

This is so adorable and very fitting for this hot weather..And NO!! I am not tired of it yet :)..Our winters are just to cold and long ..

PBrown9624 said...

I'm with you on the heat!You can always put on more clothes but you can only get so naked!!! This card is great! Love the image. Your card turned out great! Where do you come up with all these clever sayings? Try & stay cool.
Pam

Margaret said...

What a fun card!
It's cold and wet here in the UK, please send some sunshine this way :o)

Alice Wertz said...

this is so adorable! lovely card, Holly!

Dawn B. said...

Awwwww what a sweet little guy..You are so good at sentiments..Love this one.. I bet we are going to be broiling here in NC too.. More time inside to stamp.. Great card Holly.

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Hi holly! :P boy, I've really missed visiting your blog. I love the new layout! I hate being too busy to visit my friends. : ( I decided today to take the time and DO it! I love this card! how adorable!!

bumblebee creations said...

How super cute Holly!

bernietom47 said...

AMEN to the heat. I'm more then ready for it to cool off.
Your card is adorable.
Hugs & Blessings
Bernie

Kim said...

I love this card Holly! your verse is too cute!!!!

We have had heat here too but am not complaining. In about 4 months it coupld be -30C!!!!!

Emma said...

A fabulous and colourful card, love the sentiment.
Hugs Emma x