Saturday, July 17, 2010

Cool Yule!

Hi everyone! Last night's Christmas card class was a lot of fun, and I will share the cards with you tomorrow.

I hope you've been to Squigglefly this morning and taken a look at all the new images. They are just so fabulous!

Today I've got another Christmas card using one of Mark Hicks funny images. This one is called Cool Santa. I love his shades!


(click to enlarge)

I colored him with Copic markers and then just cut him out with a circle nestabilities die. The pom pom on his hat is dotted with some puffy paint and the navy background is stamped all over with different snow flakes and then embossed with some winter wonderland embossing powder. A red ribbon is wrapped around the snowflake layer and the ends are tied through one of my crocheted snowflakes.

Didn't the snowflake turn out cute? I dotted parts of it with some stickles glitter, and I plan on doing some with beads soon. I've made a bunch of different ones, but I really need to get a different sized hook. If any of you are interested in trying out some snowflakes of your own, you can find a ton of patterns here.

On the inside of this card it says "Have A Cool Yule!"

Be sure to go see all of the new images and I think they are even having a Christmas sale now for all of us trying to get a head start on our Christmas cards! Enjoy your day, and thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Dawn B. said...

Oh my gosh...THIS is soooo cool.. First off I love the Santa images ya'll have in the store...They are so COOL. Secondly I have been wanting to do a new project and the snowflakes ROCK.. I think you started something here.. GREAT job Holly..

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Love the crocheted snowflake! Got my package too - sorry I didn't email you - so busy but must be lazy too!

Vicki said...

That is one COOL DUDE Holly! Love your snowflakes kiddo! Cute cute card! The new releases are awesome as always.

HUGS!
Vicki

Linda said...

Oh my he is great! I LOVE the snowflake and headed there for the pattern. Which pattern did you use?
Thanks for the sight.

PBrown9624 said...

Great card! The snowflake rocks! Wish I knew how to crochet. That's one craft I never learned to do. Have a great weekend!

sucor said...

Great card! I'll have to crochet some snowflakes for my cards too!

Patricia St Martin said...

you did a wonderful job on your snowflake, Holly! You should use then as prizes. I would love to win some of them.

Alice Wertz said...

so cute! awesome holiday card!

msfreida said...

OH HOLLY...what a FANTASTIC job you did on the snowflake! :) I MUST learn how to do this! I love how you did this fabulous image too...he's so cool looking...reminds me of Jerry Garcia! LOL The snowflake background looks amazing too! I love all the new images...such fun ones! :) Can't wait to see the ones you made in your class!

Hugs~

msfreida said...

OH HOLLY...what a FANTASTIC job you did on the snowflake! :) I MUST learn how to do this! I love how you did this fabulous image too...he's so cool looking...reminds me of Jerry Garcia! LOL The snowflake background looks amazing too! I love all the new images...such fun ones! :) Can't wait to see the ones you made in your class!

Hugs~

Tracey said...

This really is cool Holly! You did a great job with this image :)

Hope you're having a great weekend.

Hugs
Tracey
xx

Marlene said...

Your snowflake turned out ADORABLE!! (Wanna sell any?) Your card is FANTASTIC! I think this one is my favorite of yours!

Broni said...

This is so cute! I love the embossed snowflakes on black! And I love your crocheted snowflake! Thanks for the pattern link!