Thursday, July 8, 2010

Dog Days

Hi everyone! If you have been following my blog for a while then you know I am not a fan of summertime. I have been trying really hard not to complain about it this year though. I mean, I can't change the weather by complaining so why make everyone around me miserable by listening to me gripe?

One thing I love to do though, is to tease people who do love summer. There are a ton of people in my life who complain about the cold and pine for the summer during our short burst of winter. So summer arrives and they are thrilled and happy and loving it - until mid July. Then they are a little sick of it too, and I hear THEM complaining about it! That's when I love to step in and use a well worn phrase you hear a lot in the south


(click to enlarge)

This card is going to be sent to one of my summer loving friends. I thought the expression on this dog's face looks perfect for my snarky inside comment




(click to enlarge)

I'm a real brat sometimes, aren't I? The fun image is called Dog In A Cap and is drawn by the ever talented Rich Davis. I used colored pencils to color it and the sentiment on the front and inside are computer generated.

I hope you are enjoying these dog days, and thanks for looking!

18 comments:

Alice Wertz said...

this is so cute, Holly!

Jeanette said...

I love this card and the sentiment. It's perfect for these very hot summer days. We are way to hot here in SC. I love your coloring as always.

Linda said...

Oh you made me laugh today. Last week it was beautiful here. Sunny, 70's and an nice breeze. This week rain, hot humid. But I guess it is better than -20 and snow.

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Cute Holly, and I agree - summers and the heat = lousy!

Vicki said...

Such a neat image! Great job with this one Holly....yeah summer is what it is!! I think it is our human nature to gripe about the weather sometimes! Have a great day kiddo!

HUGS!
Vicki

msfreida said...

Now this is PRICELESS! HAHAHAHA Oh the luxury of living in the south...where else can you have your own sauna just by stepping outside your door? Ughhh!
Rich really outdid himself with this cutie! What a great expression! :) Now why can't I get my colored pencils to work like this??? Looks AWESOME! Such a clever sentiment...it's SOOO HOLLY! Teehee :)

Hugs~

Shawna said...

Cute card! It's hotter'n blue blazes here and not cooling off at night one little bit, no one has air conditioning around here... but I am not going to complain. Summer was waaay too long in its arrival. But boy is it hot!! :-) Have a great week Holly!

Dawn Frost said...

I LOVE funny cards, awesome expression! I don't like our summer here either but we're waaay cooler than you are. We are going to get to 29 celcius today (84F) and that's totally too hot for us! I like it better when its 5 - 10 celcius (40-50F), much nicer, lol! I'm off to case a DT member on squigglefly paper craft planet!

Patricia St Martin said...

This is real cute. We camplain when it is cold, I really think more people complain when it is HOT!

PBrown9624 said...

Love it! I agree with you...I do not like the hot weather..in the winter you can put on more & more layers but you can only get so naked. KWIM? LOL! Love the card & the sentiment.
Pam

Deb Neerman said...

LOLOL, tooooo cute! It's never too hot for me, though!

Sending hugs!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

ur so cruel! funny but cruel!!! i love it. and i'm not a fan of either summer or winter. where does that put me????? i'm sure you'll come up with something!!!

hugs :)

Marlene said...

You're such a little witch!!! LOL!!! LOVE IT!!! The card is adorable...and I'd do the same...heehee. My favorite time of year is autumn. I hate heat and humidity. Who likes sticking to their seat and wiping sweat from the bottom of their boobs?!!!

bumblebee creations said...

Love it Holly! I hate the hot heat too!!! Chelsie's fiance' Josh won at the mini golf! I meant to tell you to check this out--I really liked how it turned out.
http://bumblcreate.blogspot.com/2010/07/my-thursday-throwback-challenge.html
(the second part of the post.)Have a great weekend!

Dawn B. said...

You are a brat..LOL.. this is so cute.. I love the sentiment you chose..It is perfect. It is sooo hot here.. I love summer..sorry. I am not complaining one bit.. well today anyway.

Rachel said...

LoL this is sooo cute Holly!!!
hugs,
Rachel

Maria Matter said...

too fun!!!

summer? what summer?? my seasons are winter spring fall and air conditioning! haha
HUGS!

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

YES! more than....
what a happy, fun dog! too stinkin' cute!!!