Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Getting Punchy With A Tweet Bird

Hi everyone! I'm going to share TWO cards with you today! The first one is the card I made for Heather's Get Punchy challenge. I used the free image from Revi Devi Paat. If you enter the challenge you can win a prize, and you get entered twice if you use one of Revi's images AND there's a FREE ONE so why not join in?



(click to enlarge)


I colored with Copic markers and used stickles. When I printed it I didn't know what I wanted the bird to be twittering about, so I left it blank. Later I wrote in the "TWEET! TWEET!" and then printed the silly punny sentiment with my computer. Do you get it? There are two tweets so it's two tweet! yeah, Chesney doesn't like it either! LOL!

Anyway, The featured stamper challenge on Splitcoast Stampers had a card that another little bird of Revi's was perfect for! I used the Pheasant Suprise bird and colored with chalk. The eye is a half black pearl and really is what makes the bird look so darn cute!


(click to enlarge)

Lots of doodling on this card, which I love to do but don't think to do unless I am casing a particular card that has it. I also love the shaped cards and making this card gave me some ideas for some cute Christmas cards. If you want to see the card I cased you can click HERE

Enjoy your day, and thanks for looking!

8 comments:

Alice Wertz said...

these are too cute! love them, Holly!

bumblebee creations said...

ADORABLE!!! Two Tweet!!

msfreida said...

CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!!! What adorable images! Love the color combos and your coloring is fantastic as always! I think your lil pun is quite clever! TeeHee :)

On the run today! Have a good one!
Hugs~

Shawna said...

Two fab cards Holly! I love that shaped one and the punched border on number one is wonderful. Have I told you how much I love signing in to your blog and seeing your wonderful creations?

Marlene said...

Look at you go, chicky!!! (No pun intended!)

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

wow! you really went to the birds today!!!! no insult intended!!!! these are both very tweet!!! ok. i'll stop. they are fabulous. definitely made me smile!!!

hugs :)

Maria Matter said...

awww, so tweet! I really like the doodlin'!!!
HUGS!

Vicki said...

Holly, I love your doodling! And both these cards are so cute....I am partial to birds!! And how the heck did you get a half pearl!!!??? It does really add to the card! Hope your day was super!

HUGS!
Vicki