Thursday, July 29, 2010

Sketchy Snowman

Good morning everyone! Yesterday evening we got to bring our cat home and he was more than ready to come home. The vet said he made a full recovery and she was very impressed with how quickly he recovered. She doesn't anticipate any future problems, but sometimes this can become a chronic condition and he may have to be put on a special diet if that happens.

Riley was sure interested in him. She kept going up to him and smelling him. We didn't notice her missing him while he was gone, but she was sure glad to have him home!


Yesterday was the sketch challenge on Splitcoast Stampers and I wanted to play along, so I made this


(click to enlarge)

I used one of the adorable snowmen by Cheryl Alger and colored with Copic markers. I did a little sponging around the edges of the panel. The sentiment was computer generated. I put together two of my crocheted snowflakes to create an even fancier snowflake and added some stickles to it.


I hope you have a wonderful day today, and thanks so much for stopping by!

14 comments:

Linda said...

He is adorable! Great colors and that snowflake is wonderful. I like the stickles on it. Great idea!
I hope your day is wonderful too.

Maria Matter said...

Adorable Holly! I like the sparkles on your beautiful snowflakes!!

Glad your family is all together again!
hugs & blessings!

Catherine said...

What a sweet card Holly ! Love the soft colours of the background and this little chap looks so happy ! I am so pleased your little cat is back home now ! Give him a cuddle from me and Sukie ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Shawna said...

Yea! Your kitty is home and all better. So glad to hear that. Love your snowman card. That snowflake is beautiful!

msfreida said...

Ahhh...such great news about MrKitty! Boy he bounced back quickly! :) YAYYY!

Gosh this is the perfect card for me to see this morning! Although it doesn't cool us down over here, it surely makes me smile! Cheryl draws the most awesome snowmen, and your coloring brings out their charm! And look at that snowflake...WOW! That thing is GORGEOUS! You should start a new business with that crocheting! :)

Can ya blow some of your air conditioning over this way??? The man said the part won't be in until Mon, and Sunday the temps are expected to be 99! Looks like a day at the mall is in order! :)

Hugs~

Becky said...

Now that is one jolly-jolly snowman. love the snow flake.

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

so cute! Love the beaded/handmade snowflakes!!!!

bumblebee creations said...

WOW!!! I had to go get caught up on all the posts that I missed of yours! They are all gorgeous-wonderful, amazing--that tropical one---whoooaaaa!!! Love it! And what a cutie pie Christmas card! You made the snowflakes???? Oh, I am so jealous!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

and you crochet too! good for you!!!! fabulous card! i love everything about it.

so glad the cat is better.

hugs :)

Kim said...

This is so cute! I love her snowmen!

Marlene said...

Very cute!!! I'm such a fan of your crocheted snowflakes! I think you need to sell them! :)

bernietom47 said...

Glad your family is back togethere.

Love your card. That snowflake is adorable and perfect for this card.
Hugs & Blessings
Bernie

Alice Wertz said...

this is so cute! your crochet snowflakes are fabulous!! wow!

Dawn Frost said...

Adorable snowman! Snowmen are my favorite stamps, probably because I like winter so much, lol. Love your snowflake, crocheting is also a favorite passtime of mine! I'm so glad your cat is back home where he belongs. Try to keep cool and don't melt away.