Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Just To Brighten Your Day

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a safe and happy Fourth of July weekend. Ours was a lot of fun. We were invited to a couple of cookouts with family, and we played some games and stayed out of the heat. We also had a lot of fun hanging out in the grand opening of the papercraft planet group. Lots of prizes were given out and there's still a couple of challenges going on to win some more! You can join in the Celebration Challenge where you make a card for a happy celebration, or you can join the DT CASE challenge where you pick one of the cards made by a Squigglefly design team member to CASE.

And if all that's not enough, you can go check out the Monday Challenge on the blog! It's a simple challenge - Anything Goes!

Squigglefly had their release on Saturday and the new images are just all so fun to play and create with I just wish there were more hours in a day! I could get used to having a three and a half day weekend! How about you?

Here's a card I made that uses one of Lynne's shy bears. This bear is a special one she drew to send to our sister Becky after she finished her second bone marrow transplant. She is calling this Becky's Bright Bear in her honor.


(click to enlarge)

I colored with Copic markers and chalk was used on the background. I paired it with this sentiment.

It's back to work today - wishing you a happy one! Thanks for looking!

14 comments:

Elaine A said...

Hi Holly -

Glad you enjoyed the holiday with your family. I love this card, it is so sweet! I especially love the glow you put around the lights, very effective.

Elaine Allen

Maria Matter said...

awww, what a special bear! I love your card Holly! Quite a 'bright' idea!!!
have a wonderful day!
blessings!

Becky said...

This is adorable, and great sentiment

Linda said...

This is so cute. I love your coloring.

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

CUTE!

Dawn Frost said...

Gorgeous card Holly! I'm sure it will brighten anyone's day. I don't use my chalks enough but after seeing this card I'm thinking I should be doing backgrounds with it. They give such a soft look. Very nice!

Patricia St Martin said...

WOW!!! Holly you did a beautiful job. Did you merge all those images? I still have not figured out how to do that.

Joan said...

Very cute card - love all the different light sources.....and you've done a fantastic job of colouring the background and creating light above each one. Awesome!!!!!

Marlene said...

Awww...how adorable!!!!

Gotta love those shy bears.

I'm guessing blogger is having issues with comments today....my comments are showing up hours later.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

well i hope becky is feeling good!!!

this is super fabulous - and so is your coloring! you just continue to blow me away.

i miss you - but that's my fault and i'm sorry. i've just been soooooo busy. i'll be back soon.

hugs :)

msfreida said...

Ohhh Becky will be sure to feel the love with this one! How precious! Lynne always finds new, clever things for those Shy Bears! :) This is such an adorable image and you really made it pop with your magical touches! Fabulous coloring and chalking! I know it will find a special place in Becky's heart! God love her....she's been through sooo much already. Please let her know I willl continue to keep her in my prayers.

Big hugs to all of you~

Alice Wertz said...

this is lovely!

Kim said...

wonderful card! I am sure your sister will love it too!!!!

Vicki said...

Holly such an awesome card! Wow, you really did a number on that coloring...and I dearly love that image!

HUGS!
Vicki