Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Let's Tie One On!

Happy hump day! I'm lovin' the fact that this is already the middle of the week! I wanted to make a quick birthday card and this is what I came up with



(click to enlarge)


I used the Father's Ties image and printed the sentiment out on my computer at the same time as I printed the image. It was fun coloring the ties all differently, and I used my Copic markers. I know this image was meant to be for Father's Day, but it works for a cute birthday card too don't you think?


Did you get a chance to look at the design team cards for the CASE challenge on Papercraft Planet? If not, be sure to go take a look and play along!

Enjoy your Wednesday, and thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Linda said...

So cute! I was not expecting ties. LOL

Becky said...

What a cute card, love the pun..:)

msfreida said...

LOVE THIS! :) What a fun image and I love the sentiment! teehee Awesome background paper and border too! I could use one about being tied up because that's how my life is going these days! UGHHH!

Hugs~

Marlene said...

Perfect sentiment with this digi! Love it!!! (I'll admit I was looking for the booze at first..heehee.)

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

sweet image and it does fit well for a male birthday. your coloring is, as always right on the mark! TFS

Shawna said...

Makes a perfect birthday card!!!

Catherine said...

What a cute cute card Holly ! Love everything about it... Perfect for a man and God knows how difficult it is to make a card for them ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

fabulous & funny. ok.... fabulousLY funny!!!

low carb is NOT easy for me either. i'll stick with WW. tho i did try at lunch today... i had a salad. hubby had french fries, bread & butter, a pork tenderloin sandwich and navy bean soup. and he wonders why?????? i'm gonna have to hurt him - lol!

hugs :)

Maria Matter said...

Great sentiment for this image Holly, fantastic card!!!
hugs & blessings!

Terri said...

Very cute! I think it makes a great birthday card for a guy. I an sorry to hear you have had to have so much dental work too.

Vicki said...

Cute Holly...you are so creative with your sentiments! Love that one! What a great masculine bday card! Son's bday is coming up in August so might have to case this one! Thanks for the idea!

HUGS!
Vicki

Deb Neerman said...

This is fabulous! Love it!