Friday, July 2, 2010

One of those days to show a featured stamper card

Well, I had a totally different card to show you today but last night I shared it with the girls in the papercraft planet group and realized the sentiment I had printed out was missing a word! It's sort of ironic though because what the sentiment was supposed to say was "Having one of those days?" but I left out the word "one"! So, I guess I was having one of those days! Well, now that I've told you the whole story I might as well share it with you and let you imagine the sentiment being correct!


(click to enlarge)

This was made for the sketch challenge on Splitcoast Stampers. I used a combination of Copic markers, colored pencils, and chalk to color it. The designer paper is from Die Cuts With A View Citrus mat stack. I embossed the blie piece of card stock with a circles folder to go with the circles in the paper.

the inside of the card says "I'll be there if you fall" I love the look on the bear's face - he looks like he's not sure what he should move next so he's not moving anything! This is one of the new images that will be released at the Squigglefly store tomorrow. It's called Walking Tall, and is drawn by Lynne Stansbery!


Next I have a card that I made last weekend for the featured stamper challenge on Splitcoast stampers.


(click to enlarge)

I used the Party Elephant image by Mark Hicks. It's colored with Copic markers. The Happy Birthday sentiment is from a clear Hero Arts set.

Good news! Squigglefly's blog has surpassed their 300 followers mark so they have issued a special code to use for a whopping 30 percent off! The code is only good for purchases made through Sunday, but doesn't that make the release on Saturday super sweet?!

The grand opening celebration of the Squigglefly group on Papercraft planet starts today - so get your blog surfing done and then come join us HERE! I'll be popping in and out all weekend long and we've got some good things lined up for ya!

Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Alice Wertz said...

aww.. these are so cute and sweet!! love them!

Dawn B. said...

I am having "one of those days" too..hehe.. These are adorable.. Way to go Squigglefly on hitting 300. Have a fun and safe holiday weekend.

Becky said...

I thought I was not getting it!!:) Great card.

Vicki said...

Oh wow Holly! Both of your cards are beautiful! Love them shy bears and you do them so well! I know what you mean about having those days!!! I have had way more than my share lately! Hope your day is great.

HUGS!
Vicki

Elaine A said...

Morning Holly -

Love the cards! Yes - even the one with the missing word - LOL! Nice to know I'm not the only one who does this!

Elaine Allen

msfreida said...

AHHH...well we all have those kind of days...sometimes mine runs for weeks! ;) UGHHH!

Your card is priceless! This image is adorable with their hesitant expressions! Ohhh we've all been there too! Very creative touch embossing the circles to mimic the DP! FABULOUS job!
Mark's Party Elephant is really "gettin' down"!!! teehee What a fun image! Your balloons looks fabulous too! This will sure bring a smile to a b'day boy/girl!

Lots to do today with the holiday approaching! I just wish God would turn that heat down a bit! Stay cool, luv! :)

Hugs~

Shawna said...

Love those shy bears --- and I actually love that you left that one word out. It's always nice to know others do those kinds of things. As always, your coloring is gorgeous and the layout is fab.

Lisa Summerhays said...

Cute card! The shy bear image is hilarious.

Marlene said...

The shy bears are adorable - and Sorry, but I giggled out loud when you mentioned missing the word "one". So perfect with "having ONE of THOSE days!" heehee.

Both cards are adorable! Enjoy your July 4th weekend!

bumblebee creations said...

ya know -I wouldn't even have noticed if you hadn't said something! I think we tend to automatically add in what is missing when we read anyways! What an adorable image!

Maria Matter said...

you are just so creative Holly!
I agree with Rhonda, I didn't even notice the missing word at first, had to go back and look! lol

both cards are beautifully done!!!
hugs & blessings!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

and i never noticed the word was missing. see how my mind works!!! it's perfect ALL THE TIME - lol!

definitely a party elephant. does he have a lampshade????

hugs :)