Monday, July 26, 2010

Peaceful Sympathy

Happy Monday to you all! I hope you had a nice weekend. Mine was a really lazy one. I couldn't seem to get motivated to do much - maybe it was too much birthday celebrating on Thursday and Friday!

Unfortunately, another friend of mine lost her mother recently and I found myself in need of another sympathy card. This time I printed out one of the sentiments from the Sympathy Sentiments set by Michalle Bertuzzi and positioned it under Rich Davis's Willow Tree image.



(click to enlarge)

I used Copic markers and chalk to color the image. It's doesn't come through in the photo, but the layer behind the coral color surrounding the image panel is gold. It looks more like cork in the photo!

Today is a new challenge on the Squigglefly blog, and Kim has challenged everyone to make a tent topper card. You can find out how to make one as well as see lots of fun samples by the design team by visiting the blog - and why don't you play along? I have one I'll share with you tomorrow!

Enjoy your Monday, and thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Linda said...

Beautiful card Holly! I can see the chalk and it really looks nice.

Catherine said...

This is such a lovely card Holly ! It's not easy to find the right image for a sympathy card and yours is just perfect... Hugs and smiles from Catherine

msfreida said...

I know your friend will be touched by your thoughtfulness and awed by your amazing work. This is beautiful, Holly! Love the sentiment too! This image is perfect for the occasion and your coloring/chalking really brings out its beauty.

Hugs~

Kristie said...

Beautiful card, Holly!

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

lovely!

Becky said...

This is just lovely Holly. I know I have difficulty in finding the right words to say in times like this.

Tracey said...

Beautiful card Holly, so elegant & that sentiment is perfect :)


Hugs
Tracey
xx

Marlene said...

I'm sorry to hear of your friend's loss. :( The card is beautiful...and I'm sure will be appreciated.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

now that image makes a wonderful sympathy card. and i just love your muted colors!

i never saw my blog yesterday!!! oops!

lol

hugs :)

Alice Wertz said...

love this image! beautiful sympathy card!

Vicki said...

Such a peaceful card Holly, I am sure it will bring comfort to the recipient! Your coloring is just as peaceful as the image...I just made a tent topper card tonight! Right before I came to visit you! But it does not have a SF image so...I might just make another and join in the fun! HUGS!
Vicki

Heather the MooseLover said...

Beautiful card- sympathy cards are so difficult to make.

Maria Matter said...

this is lovely holly!


I just noticed you have a subscription button...perfect! I can't seem to keep up with my dashboard anymore! lol

hugs & blessings!