Saturday, July 3, 2010

Really Quick Post!

I'm making this short and sweet today - come by Squigglefly's new group on Papercraft Planet and join in the fun! Yesterday there was a lot of chatting, meeting the design team, prizes given out to random commenters, and lots of card sharing!

The new releases at Squigglefly are out - come look at all the wonderful new images and see what Joni Walker and Revi Devi Paat, the two newest artists to join Squigglefly have drawn for you!

Be sure to swing by Squigglefly's blog to make your shopping at the store even sweeter!

Here are a couple of cards I made with some of the new images

This one is called Pudgy Flyer by Joni Walker. I colored with Copic markers and made scallops with punched circles


(click to enlarge)

This one uses a sentiment and a stem image from a set by Michelle Bertuzzi called Smell The Flowers. This set has a whopping 13 images in it! I chalked around the background and added some home made flower soft to the stem. The left side has two scored lines and then I glued a thin strip of gold card board from a candy box between the two lines.


(click to enlarge)

and last but not least is a card I made using the free image Lynne Stansbery drew for Bella Tucker.



(click to enlarge)

I colored with Copic markers and chalked the sky. The hearts are glittered with rubystone glitter. This adorable image is called Hi Bella and was one of the freebies given out at the Papercraft Planet grand opening yesterday. There is going to be another freebie today - so why aren't you there yet?

Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Alice Wertz said...

awww... super cute and sweet cards, Holly! lovely!

Linda said...

These are all wonderful. I love that you used part of a candy box. Great way to recycle and add to your paper collection.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

always fun to come here! hope your weekend is totally fabulous!

hugs to all

msfreida said...

Gosh it's almost 2PM and I am just now getting a break from cooking! I've been biting at the bits to see the new images, and let me tell you...THEY ARE SOOO FABULOUS! :) WOW! Such an incredible assortment...and what talent! :) I wish everyone here would just go shoot fireworks so I could play and stop by PCP! UGHHH!

These cards of yours are AMAZING! OH I LOVE THEM ALL!!! :) That lil Pudgy Flyer is sooo ADORABLE...fabulous coloring, BTW! The scallops look awesome too! When I saw all the images that came with Smell the Flowers, I knew right off I had to have it ASAP! teehee SOOO GORGEOUS and I love how you used these 2 images on your card with your flower soft! OH MY...the simplicity is stunning! Looks like I need all the new Shy Bears too! Each one just grabs my heart! This one is sooo adorable and is so perfect for Bella! Oh she's going to treasure these! Lynne, your generosity and thoughtfulness is most inspiring! You are truly a blessing!

Well I guess I need to get back in the kitchen! Hope everyone has a safe and fabulous 4TH! :) God bless all those who have sacrificed so much for our precious freedom! :)

Hugs~

Heather said...

All fabulous!!!

Marlene said...

Fabulous indeed! I'm especially loving that card for Bella! What a sweet charm embellie you added to the sweetly colored image!

Anonymous said...

Hey - I am really glad to discover this. great job!