Friday, July 23, 2010

Sneak Peeks!

Hi everyone and happy Friday! Thank you for the birthday wishes yesterday. I had a wonderful birthday and received so many wonderful gifts and cards!

I have TWO cards to share with you today and they both have sneak peeks of images being released this weekend at Squigglefly. The first one combines the cute little Boogie Board girl from Jackie Mathews along with a flip flops image that is part of a set of ELEVEN images from Bonita Jones called Surf Watch that will be released this weekend.




(click to enlarge)

I colored the images with Copic marker and chalked the sky and sand. The sketch is from Saturday's sketch challenge on Papercraft Planet. I printed the flip flops out in a border and then cut a scalloped edge around them to create the whole border.

The next card was so much fun to do. It uses a darling cow from artist Jackie Mathews that will be part of this weekend's release. The image is called Hello There and I love the incredulous look on the cow's face!



(click to enlarge)


I colored the cow with Copic markers and chalked a little yellow around her. The words are computer generated. I know you wanna know what the inside says




(click to enlarge)

LOL! I don't know about you, but I have Deja Moo all the time! Now, aren't you itching for these images to hit the store? Keep checking the design team's blogs for more sneak peeks!

Now I'm going to share something really special with you, and it's a sneak peek of sorts. This is the birthday card my sister Lynne Stansbery made for me. She did save the image before she colored it, so while it isn't part of this week's release it will be in the store soon!


(click to enlarge)

Isn't it just the cutest thing? I love it!

I hope you have a terrific Friday, and thanks for looking!

15 comments:

msfreida said...

Well old age hasn't slowed you down any...teehee...just couldn't resist! I just love it when my friends keep getting older and older! :)

These are ADORABLE! The scallops really bring attention to that fabulous border! The Boogie Board Girl is precious too...can't wait to see the rest of the set!
The look on that cow is priceless...oh the sentiments you could add to that one! I love what you did here. Very clever, GF! Glad to know your mind isn't going just yet!

Doesn't it make you feel special when Lynne draws an original just for you? This is the sweetest one I've ever seen! What a talented and creative gal she is...she's your YOUNGER sister, right??? Ok...I'll stop!

Stay cool!
Hugs~

Linda said...

Oh my goodness these are wonderful. I love the Deja Moo too funny.
I have a question was the border scalloped edge a punch or hand cut? If you hand cut that you did a fantastic job. I wish I cold cut that good.
Thanks for sharing all your wonderful cards.

Shawna said...

OMGosh! What great images! Love, love, love those flip flops and the deja moo .......... well I know you know I LOVE IT!!! You've done the images up perfectly!

Catherine said...

Your cards are absolutely delicious Sweetie ! I love them all ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

cuteness abounds! Happy Birthday to a fellow Leo. Mine is July 24th.

T%dles Peeps!
Betty aka ZacksNana

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

your boogey boarder is just too cute. love that flip flop border.

your deja moo is hysterical and so true!

your bday card from lynne is gorgeous!!!!

hope your bday was the best one ever!!!

hugs :)

Marlene said...

First - glad to hear you had a wonderful birthday!!! :)

Second - I'm nearly peein' my pants laughing at that cow sentiment! It is SO PERFECT!!!!! LOL!!!

Adorable cards...love how you did those flip flops in the scalloped border.

The card your sister made you is fabby!! What a sweet image that will be! Gotta love shy bears!!

Becky said...

OH Holly what fabulous cards today. The first one is just to cute with those rows of flip flops-just to creative..the second one is just to cleaver and your coloring is just terrific on this cow. the third one your sister gave you is awesome. What a talented family. :)

Jackie said...

As always your cards are beautiful, but what you did with the cow is hilarious! You are so talented!

Thanks!

Jackie Mathews

MANDEE said...

WOW! DEJA MOO? I AM SOOO GONNA USE THAT! HOPE U HAD A GREAT BIRTHDAY!!!

MANDEE said...

WOW! DEJA MOO? I AM SOOO GONNA USE THAT! HOPE U HAD A GREAT BIRTHDAY!!!

Maria Matter said...

lol, funny cow card! These are both really cute Holly!
hugs & blessings!

bumblebee creations said...

love them both Holly!!!! And your birthday from your sis is just as gorgeous as can be!!!

Alice Wertz said...

lovely cards!!

Tracey said...

ooh you've been busy Holly & what gorgeous cards you've made :)

Have a great week.

Hugs
Tracey
xx