Monday, July 19, 2010

Stamp Class Cards

Hi everyone! I hope you had a great weekend! I promised I would share with you the cards we made at the stamp class I went to on Friday night, so here they are



(click to enlarge)

I don't remember the name of the Stampin' Up! set that we used, but both cards came from the same set. This first one was my favorite. I love the colors of pink and green we used. A simple card to make, but it really packs a lot of punch I think.

The next card uses a tree from the set. We stamped two in green and embossed them with clear embossing powder, and we stamped a third one with versa mark and embossed it with some gold tinsel embossing powder. The gold tree is cut out and popped up on the card


(click to enlarge)

What's hard to see is that we stamped some swirls with versa mark in the background.

Later, I made one similar to the trees card using one of the trees from Lynne Stansbery's Kaleidoscope Trees


(click to enlarge)

I colored with Copic markers and then ran a Quickie glue pen over the garland and sprinkled some gold glitter on it. I stamped some swirls on the background with versa mark and then rubbed some pearl ex over it to make them shimmer and stand out a bit more. The sentiment is from a Stampin' Up! set.

If you're thinking about your Christmas cards go check out Squigglefly's store because they are having a sale on their Christmas images,and don't forget to check out the Squigglefly blog today to see what the challenge is!

oh! I almost forgot! Heather started a new challenge on the Squigglefly group at Papercraft Planet! It's easy - just use a die cut shape or punch on your card! They are featuring the artwork of Revi Devi Paat this challenge and if you use one of her images you'll have an extra chance to win the prize! There's even a free image from Revi for you to use!

okay, I think I've told you everything now go enjoy your Monday, and thanks for looking!

14 comments:

Alice Wertz said...

very pretty holiday cards, Holly!

Michele Spera said...

really nice cards! Love the pink & green one, really nice job!!
XMicheleX

Diane (djuseless) said...

Wow, that's great that you got a few Christmas cards ready so early! I always wait until October to see what new holiday set Papertrey Ink has for the new year! TFS!

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

each one is beautiful in it's own way. I love the one with the swirlies.

msfreida said...

WOW...YOU GO GIRL! :) These are FABULOUS! Love the green/pink color combo and design, and the embossed trees look gorgeous! My fav though is the one with Lynne's image! I had sooo much fun last year using these trees and plan using some again this year because everyone loved them so much! I love your background too...sooo elegant! The new images are fantastic...love the humor in the Christmas ones...what fun! :)

Have an awesome week!
Hugs~

Catherine said...

Your cards are so beautiful Holly ! I love the colours of the first one and the embossed background, it's so elegant ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Margaret said...

Lovely cards, the first one is my favourite :o) I love pink and green combos

Becky said...

Beautiful Christmas cards, love the colors of the first one.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh wow! i love all of these! the one with the 3 trees is my favorite! absolutely gorgeous and wayyyyy ahead of the game. i'll be crunching for sure come december - lol!!!

hugs :)

Patricia St Martin said...

Very nice cards Holly. I see that you know I'm having computer problems. I just can not believe this is happening. I can not get on my email at all. My son is going to try and come over but he works second shift and he knows how to fix it but I need to wait tell he gets time. So if you need to tell me something I guess I will have to use my blog to talk to people. I just do not know what to do!!! I'm so sorry. I do not know how to get to the yahoo group or to post anything to it.

Marlene said...

Oooh...these are so elegant!

Dawn B. said...

I love this set.. It is one of my favs.. Have not seen it in a long time.. I have to tell you I tried crocheting snowflakes all day Saturday..LOL..You are inspiring..

Tracey said...

Gorgeous cards Holly, so elegant looks like you had a very productive stamping class :)

Have a great week!

Hugs
Tracey
xx

Maria Matter said...

these are wonderful Holly! love the swirls in the bg of the third card!

great job getting all these done for the holiday! I think I have 3 done now! I need to get over to the store and buy, buy, buy! lol
Hope you're having a great week!
hugs & blessings!