Friday, July 16, 2010

Summer Splash & Santa Raps?

Happy Friday everyone! I have TWO cards to share with you today, both featuring images from Squigglefly artist Mark Hicks. The first card is for the Ways To Use It challenge on Splitcoast Stampers. They want to see you use chalk! You all know that I am always using chalk for my sky and grass - so that's what I did here.




(click to enlarge)

This fun summer image is called Pool Party. the original image has the words "pool party" written on the pool, but I erased them prior to printing for my card. That's one thing I love about digis - being able to "mask" so easily!

It's colored with Copic markers and I used some crystal effects on the water puddle. I punched little flowers out of the same designer paper I used and dotted the centers with stickles.

Now my second card is another Christmas card, but this one is using a new image that will be released at Squigglefly tomorrow. It's not your run of the mill Christmas card



(click to enlarge)

LOL! Isn't this funny? This is called Hip Santa, and I just think it's hysterical. I colored Santa with Copic markers and then went to town on the texture. I used puff paint on his beard and did all the fur trim on his suit with Snow Tex.

On the inside I had so many things running through my head for this - I'm even working on an entire Santa Rap in my head - but for now I came up with

Have Yo Self A Merry Little Christmas

I hope this peek tweaks your interest enough to tune in to Squigglefly tomorrow to see all the new images! Check out the design team blogs today for more peeks. Enjoy your Friday, and thanks for looking!

14 comments:

Dawn B. said...

Oh my goodness I LOVE that santa.. The sentiment cracks me up.. With Rap being so popular this is perfect.. Would make a great card for my college daughters.. LOVE this..

Catherine said...

Your cards are soooo sweet Holly ! Love the Santa, he is so cool ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Shawna said...

You have been busy girl! Oh, that santa ---- isn't he cool! And your summer card captures the season perfectly; kids having fun in a pool. Fabulous job on both. The texture on santa's beard and clothes is perfect!

Mark said...

Holly, love what you have done with my "hip Santa!"

Becky said...

Awesome cards, love the pool party beautiful colors, then that hip santa is to fabulous.

Linda said...

LOL I love that Santa. The pool party is wonderful too. Love your cards!

Marlene said...

LOVE the pool party image! So cute!

I'm currently working on that Santa as we speak! He's pretty funny!

Fantastic job on both cards, lady.

Have a great weekend!

msfreida said...

Ohhh ONLY YOU!!! :) Now I never would have thought to make Santa a cool rapper! TOO CUTE! :) Love all the texture! The pool kiddos are adorable too! Yes, you are the master at chalking! LOOKS FABULOUS! :)

Have an awesome weekend...gonna be a busy one here and it's already started!
Hugs~

ScrappinCntryGrl said...

ok both cards are really cute...but i have to say the santa card is CUTE and funny. Would love to get this one in the mail..lol

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

that pool party is cool. boy that kid can jump high or he's diving off your flower!!!

yep. one hip santa! and dressed so fine too!

hugs :)

The Brat said...

Yo Holly! A funny Christmas card to be sure! Just don't say Ho, Ho, Ho in my neighborhood!

Maria Matter said...

love 'em Holly...both are fun & fabulous!
Have a great weekend!
hugs & blessings!

Deb Neerman said...

Omigosh, these are toooooo cute! Love 'em both, but that adorable Santa is too stinkin' cute!

Alice Wertz said...

these are so cute! just make me smile!!