Friday, July 9, 2010

Sympathy and Cheer

Hi everyone! Happy Friday! I have two cards to share today. The first one was made for a dear friend of mine who lost her mother. I used one of the flowers from Nina Brackett's Fancy Flowers set. I colored it with colored pencils. Are you noticing more pencil from me lately? It's probably because so many of my Copics are needing refills! I'm trying to hold out for my birthday and I'll tell my family to get me a gift certificate so I can order some refills!


(click to enlarge)

I printed the flower out twice and cut some of the petals out to layer over the main image. The sentiment is one of several from Michelle Bertuzzi's set of Sympathy Sentiments (there are TEN different sentiments in that set!). I clipped the corners and sponged some pink ink on the edges.

My second card is just a simple card I made to send to a friend just out of the blue for no special reason.



(click to enlarge)

I used the perky little Cherries from Angie Davis. They are colored with Copic markers. I embossed a piece of white card stock and used some decorative edge scissors to cut the corners. I round the bottom corners of the designer paper and mounted the cherries on a scalloped circle. I would love to have a little cherry charm to hang from the ribbon, but the closest I had was an apple!

Well, I hope you have a fantastic Friday and thank you for stopping by!

14 comments:

Diane (djuseless) said...

That flower looks great! I need to print some of them out to color with my copics too! I want to try them with my pencils first!

Linda said...

Very pretty! I love the layer flower.

Shawna said...

Love both these CAS cards! Especially like how you layered that flower Holly.

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

love them both but that sentiment in the sympathy card is wonderful! I like the simplicity of the cherry card.

msfreida said...

Oh I've decided it doesn't matter what you use to color with, it will always look amazing! This flower is incredible, and I LOVE that sentiment! Your friend will greatly appreciate your thoughtfulness!
The cherries card is fabulous too! LOVE this design and how you did the corners! SOOO CREATIVE! :) Fabulous DP, and perfect highlights on the cherries too!

Looks like we are in for another hot, sweltering weekend! Oh I need to clean my flower beds, but it ain't gonna happen!!! ;) Hopefully I'll get a chance to escape to my scraproom to play! It's been wayyyy too long!

Stay cool, luv!
Hugs~

Marlene said...

Both cards look fantastic. The sentiment on that first one nearly brought me to tears. How touching.

Hope you have a fantabulous weekend! I hope to get some crafting done....I've got a couple of cute squigglefly images to work with, yet! ;)

Tracey said...

Beautiful cards Holly, I especially love the sentiment of the top one :)

Have a great weekend!

Hugs
Tracey
xx

Becky said...

Fabulous cards, love the design of the sentiment of the first one, very regal.

Rachel said...

Holly, these cards are sooo fabulous!! I love how you colored your flower in with the pencils, absolutely gorgeous!! a very beautiful card.
hugs,
Rachel

Patricia St Martin said...

Very nice Holly, Love how you layered the flowereds and the sentiment is wonderful.

The Cherry card is so colorful. The two background layers and your corner are very nice.

Lisa Summerhays said...

Great cards Holly! Love the big flower and the embossing on the bottom card is fantastic!

Vicki said...

Hello Holly! Hope your day was a great one...both your cards are nice...I just love that Fancy Flower set...and you really did an awesome job coloring no matter what you use to color with! And you know me and the embossing! Hope you get a great start to your weekend!

HUGS,
Vicki

Alice Wertz said...

pretty and cute!! lovely card!

Maria Matter said...

oh I'm lovin' that fancy flower Holly, great job adding dimension! love the pink edge too! Just Beautiful!

A sweet cherry card too!!
take care
blessings!