Hi everyone! Yesterday the sky clouded up and we got a little rain. Later it was still overcast so we decided to take Riley along for a boat ride on the river. The river was up too high for our usual sandbar to be out, but we had a good time. Then we came in to the boat dock, and Riley and I took off for a little walk while Brock got the boat back on the trailer.
We were walking along and suddenly Riley lunged for something that was under a tree. It was a skunk! Yep, she got a face full of skunk juice! She kept trying to shake him and I was dragging her away trying not to get sprayed myself! Luckily we learned the hard way a few years ago when a smooth haired fox terrier we used to have named Jacy got skunked what the best course of action is! We had a skunk kit in the truck - baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, and liquid shampoo. We mixed that all up with the some water we had and got most of the goo off of her. The poor thing swallowed a bunch of it and threw up about four times.
Anyway, she's not smelling like a flower by any means, but she doesn't smell too bad anymore - unless she breathes on you! LOL! I truly think Riley thought that was the best part of the whole trip!
I have a card to share with you today that took me way longer than it should have to complete. It was one of those cards where I just kept adding this or that and changing my mind on what I wanted to do three or four times, but in the end I really love the way the card looks.
(click to enlarge)
I started out making this as my DT CASE card for the challenge I've got going on HERE. I chose to case the card that Nancy Cappelen made. I stayed with her matchbook style, and I went with the bird theme she had going on, but I pretty much changed everything else.
I chose the Feathered Neighbors image by Revi Devi Paat and printed it out twice on some designer paper and once on some white card stock. I cut the birds from the white card stock and colored them and cut them out. I layered one of the trees cut from the paper over the image on the card stock and then I cut out each leaf from the other printed image and glued the end down over the leaves but let the tips curl up. I did a little bit of shading around the leaves with a green Copic marker.
I ten glued some blue yarn fluff to the birds for tail feathers and stuck them in the tree. I cut a strip of designer paper for the bottom, and I liked the words showing in the paper so I just let it be and didn't add a sentiment to the front.
The bottom section is folded up and held in place with some cording that's tied through the ends. The bottom on the top fold tucks under to stay closed. Here's a look at the inside
(click to enlarge)
It really looks so much better in real life! Have a wonderful day, and thanks for looking!