Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Yikes! It's a Saturday Sketch

Hi everyone! Yesterday afternoon and evening we got the best rain! It was a long, soaking in one that we sorely needed. The temperature dropped from 92 to 77 which was soooo nice!

Every Saturday on Papercraft Planet they have a sketch challenge and the one they have this week is such a great one for so many images that I played along with two cards!

My first one is Christmas themed so I can enter it in a lot of challenges - there are a TON of Christmas in July challenges going on right now!


(click to enlarge)

The image is one of Cheryl Alger's adorable snowmen. this one is called Skating Snowman. He's colored with Copic markers. I die cut some snowflake parts out of some glittered felt and glued them together and then topped it with a little blue gemstone.

My next card is a birthday card. I know I make a lot of birthday cards - but I have SO many people to send birthday cards to! I love this one because it can be used for a man or woman; as long as they have a sense of humor!




(click to enlarge)

This ostrich is called What's Quacking? and is from Squigglefly's talented new artist Joni Walker. I love the look on this guy's face and of course I had to give him some googly eyes! The word is printed with my computer.

Here's the inside of the card


(click to enlarge)

Enjoy your day, and thanks for looking!

17 comments:

Alice Wertz said...

these are so adorable! wonderful cards!

Catherine said...

Your cards are sooooo cool Holly ! Love the Christmas one and the birthday card really made me giggle ! Love it ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Cheryl said...

oh wow these are gorgoues,great images and love the coulrs too hugs cheryl xxxx

bumblebee creations said...

This is awesome!!! Now you have me wanting to make a Christmas card! And I totallyyyyyy LLLLOOOOVVVEEEE that last card! The image is soooo appropriate for the saying inside! Great Cards Holly! I hope it cools down here!

msfreida said...

Fabulous job on the sketch! These are SOOO FUN! I love all of Cheryl's snowmen, but this is one of my favorites! :) The sketch is perfect for your design...AWESOME snowflake!
I spewed my coffee again when I first saw Joni's ostrich! This dude is hilarious and is perfect for how you used him! Such a clever sentiment! :) teehee The googly eyes are definitely a hit!!!

Well you could have shared some of that rain with us! Even with a 50% chance, we didn't get a drop! :(
Hopefully we will get some today!

BTW, surgery had to be canceled because she has a sinus infection so I'll keep you posted.
Hugs~

Becky said...

hahaha, that second one is so funny, I love it. And I love that snow man, he is just to cute.

Linda said...

Both cards are great but I really love the birthday card. It is really funny.

ScrappinCntryGrl said...

cards were great, i love the skating snowman and the second one made me laugh...and I agree the rain was nice, but i got stuck at work...lol

Shawna said...

Your "What's Quacking" card is over the top! How fun ---- I know just who I want to send one like that to LOL!

Marlene said...

Lovely first card....but you know what I'm gonna say next, right?

Your second card made me snort out loud!!!! LOVE those googly eyes, and the sentiment totally rocks!!!

Dawn Frost said...

I love both cards! I adore snowman and humour is the best. The look on the ostrich's face is fabulous! I've got the use that sentiment, lol.

Terri said...

Nice job on both of them. That skating snowman is super cute! It is suppose to be 100 here today. Hope you enjoy the cooler weather where you are.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh you are so good about xmas cards. i cannot wrap my mind around xmas. crap! lately i can't wrap my mind around much or should that be it's wrapped around tooooooo much??????

fabulous!

and that bird cracks me up!!!!

hugs back from vicki!

Kim said...

wonderful cards Holly....the bird card is too funny!!! Love the eyes!

bernietom47 said...

Love the snowflake on the first one.
The second one just cracked me up. It's so much fun.
Love them both.
Hugs
Bernie

Maria Matter said...

I LOVE this bird card, it cracks me up!!!!

love Cheryl's snowmen too, beautiful card!
hugs!

Patricia St Martin said...

I love your christmas card. Cherly is so talented. You did a wonderful job on it. Sorry I have not be around. I have been so busy, crazy busy!!!! The Ostrich is adorable, his face is so cute.