Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Bears Can Be Scary!

Good morning! I have a couple of quick but cute Halloween cards to share with you today! They both use new shy bear images!


(click to enlarge)


(click to enlarge)

these first two use an image called Beary Scary. I colored it with Copic markers and a little yellow chalk around the image. Everything else is pretty self explanatory. I love that this image is cute, but doesn't require a lot of coloring.

This next card uses an image called Guess Who. This image cracks me up! It's so funny to think of a bear dressing up like a person, don't you think?



(click to enlarge)

It's also colored with Copic markers. I colored a white button with an orange Copic and threaded some black ribbon through it. The black dots on the right side of the card were made with a black gel pen.

Squigglefly's challenge this week is to use hot colors in your project, and I think both of these cards qualify for that with all the orange and yellow on them! The design team really knocked this challenge out of the park, so if you haven't been to the blog to check them out you should make a point to do so!

I told you the other day about the Get Your Freak On challenge on Squigglefly's Papercraft Planet group. Well, you need scoot over there and take a look at the cards that have been submitted because they are all totally wonderful - some very creative minds at work over there!

Our heat has lessened some; only about 95 degrees instead of 103! Not much of a cool down, but I'll take what I can get! Hope you have a wonderful day, and thanks for looking!

13 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

Holly--these are all so adorable! Love the colors--so bright and cheerful!

bumblebee creations said...

Holly--these are all so adorable! Love the colors--so bright and cheerful!

Elaine A said...

Holly -

These cards are so adorable. My favorite is the little ghost. I love his little bits of fur sticking out - LOL! You have done an excellent job with the coloring on both cards. My, you've turned into a real Copic Markers Master!

Elaine Allen

Shawna said...

Perfectly adorable cards! I just love the little shaped ghost card.

Vicki said...

Oh wow Holly these are both awesome cards...I love the paper piercing you did on the last one! You are right...both images are awesome! I am going to have to get both of them. Glad the heat has let up for you a little...we finally got some relief here as well. Have a great day kiddo!

HUGS!
Vicki

msfreida said...

How ADORABLE!!! :) Both images are precious, but the "Guess Who" is priceless! What an imagination Lynne has! You did such a fabulous job on both...love the scallop circles going on here and the sketch on #2 is fabulous! What awesome DP too! Fun, fun, fun cards! :)

Hugs~

Becky said...

Both of these are awesome, but I have to say I love the first one, this is so cute and love the shape and colors of the card.

Maria Matter said...

lol, your title made me laugh!

Wonderful cards Holly! love the round shape on the first and the papers you used!

glad your getting a bit of relief from the heat...I though you lived down south, not on the surface of the sun!!!!

take care
hugs & blessings!

Marlene said...

Stinkin' adorable!! That's what they are! Love bears in general, but those shy bears are FANTASTIC! Nice job!

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

really cute Holly. I love the little ghosty bear. Oh and the idea of a bear dressing up as a human is kind of funny!

Dawn Frost said...

Such cute shy bears, they are adorable!Love the colors you used.

Alice Wertz said...

these are so cute, Holly!! lovely halloween cards!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh what fun!!!!!!

hugs :)