Saturday, August 28, 2010

Bring On The Snow!

Okay, maybe I'm pushing it with the snow remark. As much as I love snow, I wouldn't want to miss Fall, but this adorable little Penguin by Jackie Mathews is more than ready for the snow to come!


(click to enlarge)

He's colored with Copic markers except for the black on his body. I used a Copic pen for that. I traced the snowflakes on the image with a glue pen and then dusted it with some ultra fine glitter. The ribbon is some wide satin ribbon that is very luscious feeling and I topped it with a punched out snowflake that I glittered with some stickles.

A very fast, but very cute card! I plan on making several of these in an assembly line fashion for my Christmas card stash!

You are in for a treat because my card share for today is a real beauty! Patricia St. Martin made the neatest looking card using the new Spook Owl image by Laura Campbell. It's full of dimension and color, and she even shares a cute little story to go with it! See Patricia's card on her blog HERE

I'm off to a stamp camp this afternoon, and those are always fun and inspiring. I'll definitely share what we make and any special cards I see there with you all! Other than that I'm going to do a little house cleaning and of course lots of play time with Riley! With the cooler weather she is friskier than ever!

This evening we are going to be joining Chesney and her fiance at my brother in law's house for a game night. We like to get together and play dominoes and other games. It's always a fun time. I hope you have a fantastic Saturday, and thanks so much for spending some of your time with me!

10 comments:

Vicki said...

Holly such a cute card!!! A snowlover you are!!! Just like me! But I agree, I love the fall as well so we won't rush it. Very pretty card and that image is so sweet. I am going to have to have that one for sure. Our maintenance man at work HATES shoveling snow and I LOVE sending him a SNOW card prior to the first snow to get him fired up! LOL yeah...I do have a little mean streak in me! Patricia's card is simply fabulous! Have a great time at stamp camp and with your family tonight.
HUGS,
Vicki

msfreida said...

Oh isn't this lil guy a hoot?!? How darlin'! Your coloring is fabulous and the snowflakes sparkle like diamonds! :) I love this DP...are those snowflakes flocked? Adorable, Holly!

Sounds like you have a fun weekend planned! Can't wait to see your camp creations!

Now I'm on my way to see Patricia's Spook Owl! I'm sooo glad you are spotlighting the DT! :) I wish I had time to visit with each one every day because there is sooo much talent and inspiration packed in this team!

Hugs~

Jana said...

So very cute, I love everything about this. The color choices are perfect.

Linda said...

Oh what a cute card. Weather here is great but I can see how you would be looking forward to snow. Boy I sure think the seasons are coming faster and faster. I am really going to enjoy fall this year. Fist Fall in 30 years that I am not crazy busy with first graders. YEA!

Alice Wertz said...

too cute!

Marlene said...

Awww, Man....this is SO CUTE!! I love that penguin!!!

I used to love playing dominoes and stuff, too....it's been awhile!

Maria Matter said...

a little snow right now would be nice! We're to have another heatwave this week! yuck!

your card is super cute Holly! love the CAS style and touch of sparkle, just perfect!!
Hope you're week is off to a great start!
hugs & blessings!

Jaspere said...

You always make the cutest stuff and this is adorable. I'm so not ready for snow.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

i'm not quite ready for winter yet either, but this is one fabulous card!

chez still planning an Oct. wedding? this yr????

as to your comment on my blog... nope. WE don't get old. the KIDS do!!!! lol

have a fabulous day!

hugs :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Well Holly this penguin is darling and I so love the sparkly snowflakes....I am not ready for the snow right now though since we are enjoying summer days camping. I also like Fall and the cool crisp days. All the seasons have their place don't they?....

hope your weekend was as fun as your plans sounded!
hugs,
Chris