Friday, August 27, 2010

Card Share

Good morning everyone! Are you all ready for the weekend? I am! The weather is still beautiful and I have a stamp camp to attend tomorrow! Yay!

Most of you in blogland are familiar with Freida. She visits so many of you and leaves such sweet and encouraging comments on all the blogs she visits. I've had the pleasure of meeting her and can attest that she is just as sweet in real life, in fact she's quite possibly the sweetest lady I've ever had the pleasure of knowing!

Yesterday when I got home from work I found a package in the mail for me from Freida. She sent me some little flowers and ribbon and some wonderful die cuts she cut for me with some of her new dies. I can't wait to play with these goodies! However, the BEST thing in the package was this gorgeous card she made


(click to enlarge)

Isn't it just stunning? She used the Soul Sister image from Squigglefly and colored it magnificently! The shading is just perfect, and I love those itty bitty flowers! I'm guessing she used liquid pearls around the scallops and in the center of the flowers, but I'm not sure because I know that I cannot get my liquid pearls to look so perfect and be so tiny!

The card stock that she printed the image on has such a lovely shimmer to it. Here's a close up that I took at an angle so you can see the shimmer better




(click to enlarge)

I'll let you all in on a little secret too - Freida is thinking of starting her own blog! I know it's something that so many of us have wanted her to do for a while now! I'll keep you posted when I hear from her so you can all go and visit!
Freida, I really can't thank you enough for sharing your art with me and for the other fun goodies too! I hope you don't mind me letting the cat out of the bag about your blog!

Enjoy your Friday everyone!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Top blog, I hadn't come across hogwildaboutstamping.blogspot.com previously during my searches!
Keep up the good work!

Kristie said...

How sweet of Freida! The card is just gorgeous and I love that paper she stamped on. I hope she does take the blog plunge soon :)

Have a great weekend!

Biscuitlid said...

what a gorgeous card to receive along with the goodies too!
Hugs
Victoria
x

Shawna said...

Freida's card is exceptionally pretty and I can't wait for her to have her own blog. Hugs to you Holly for sharing her gorgeous creation.

Diane (djuseless) said...

Super cute card Holly! I love your variety of colors and all your embellies! TFS!

Maria Matter said...

Freida's card is gorgeous!! so happy to hear a blog is in the making, so we can all leave her the love she deserves!!!

have fun with your happy mail!
hugs & blessings!

msfreida said...

OHHH HOLLY! I can't believe you liked my card so much that you posted it on your blog! What a compliment! As I was using my new Die-namics Chain Border Die(MFT), I kept thinking to myself, I wonder what Holly and Stef would do with this baby! It's such a cool die and I just had to share! Then the new SF images came out and I fell in love with "Soul Sister"...SOOO perfect for my friend! So there you have it! And no, the pearls are not liquid pearls because when I use that, I always end up with...well..nipples on their tops! Sorry, but I know of no other way to describe them! LOL! They are the Viva Decor Pearl pen from Susana's Custom Art & Card Design...sorry I tried to link but there is no lil globe on this blogger comment area! I like these because they always come out rounded on top and the pen is so comfortable in my hand. The paper with the image is Cryogen Iridescent from Paper Temptress...it's FABULOUS for copics...I need all the help I can get! :) It thrills me beyond belief that you like your happy! You have always been so generous to share your talents, your creativity, and most importantly, your heart! I cherish your friendship and all the other wonderful friends I have "met" in blogland! I'm still trying to catch up on all the things around home since Carson left for college, but when I catch my breath, my blog will be top priority! :)

Big hugs~

Marlene said...

What a gorgeous card!

I've never met Ms. Frieda...but I hope she does start a blog! She sounds like a sweet lady.

Patricia St Martin said...

wonderful Holly, Love the girls. You did a wonderful job on the grass and all the flowers. So stunning!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh i just love that chain thingy. she sent me some too!!!! i can't wait for her to start blogging! her work is too gorgeous NOT to have us all oooooh and aaaaaah over it.

WE LOVE U FREIDA!!!!

hugs :)

Alice Wertz said...

this is so pretty! love the colors you used and your beautiful coloring!

Teresa / Trees aWard in Crafts said...

I have often tried to find Freida to thank her for her kind words, but never managed to work out how to contact her. Now I know why. I hope she does start her own blog, I would follow her for sure.
Thanks so much for showing her creations to us and showcasing her.

Becky said...

Holly this is stunning.Love how you cut this out and the design paper is fabulous, love how you did the ribbon treatment.