Thursday, August 12, 2010

Cat For You

Hi everyone! I hope you are doing well this week. Things are the same here for me - still computerless at work and it's still hot.

I have a card today that was so much fun to make. I made it for Sunday's Featured Stamper challenge on Splitcoast Stampers.



(click to enlarge)

I went back to one of my favorite cats Fatty Cat by Jackie Matthews. I love this cat because he's easy to color and he's got such a cute expression on his face. I resisted using the cat eyes this time, but it was hard!

The cat is colored with Copic markers and cut out and then popped up on pop dots. The "For You" sentiment is from a clear Penny Black set. Getting the ribbon through the button was hard! I had to cut my ribbon in half and it ended up shredding, but I still liked the look; kind of like what ribbon looks like after the cat gets to it with those claws! But, in hindsight I would either pick a narrower ribbon or find a button with bigger holes. I think trying to enlarge the holes would only break the button.

The most fun thing making this card was all the white gel pen dots. That's something that adds so much to the look of the card, and it's fun to do too! Well, I hope you have some fun in your life today, and thanks for looking!

16 comments:

Catherine said...

I ADORE your card Holly ! The DP is gorgeous ! Love the layout and being a cat person I just love the image ! So cute ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Maria Matter said...

oh what a cutie!!! this is a great cat image!

hope your heatwave breaks soon and you get some relief!!!
take care
hugs & blessings!

Shawna said...

What an adorable card --- that is one cute cat!! And I love your gel pen dots, what a great technique. Can't wait to try it!

Becky said...

Holly this is just a fabulous card..Love this cat and love the the design of this card, loving all the polka dots.

*Vicki* said...

Oooh Holly my buddy!! I've missed you hun and it's so good to see you again!! I've been so out of the loop and so rusty on my stamping it's not even funny!!!! Love your blog and your dedication hun!! BIG HUGS

msfreida said...

This is AWESOME, Holly! LOVE the layers...such a fabulous sketch! This is one of my favorite images,too, and he really jumps off the card with the DP you used! LOOKS FANTASTIC! I think the ribbon in the button is perfect...goes well with his whiskers! :) LOVE this!

Hugs~

Marlene said...

HOW CUTE!!! I can't believe you took the time to put all those dots on there! COOL STUFF!

Linda said...

Wow I love those white dots what a great idea!
It is really hot here in WI, and I am a big wimp. So pretty to look out the window but I hate to even open the door.

bumblebee creations said...

awhhh... your card is so cute!!! Love it Holly-I really like the way the button turned out.

Margaret said...

Lovely card. Dots and faux stitching can really enhance a card. Not used my gel pen in an age so, note to self, use the gel pen! :o)

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

too cute!

Alice Wertz said...

this is so cute! lovely card, Holly!

Anonymous said...

cute, cute as usual.
Love the little claws on the cat, just waiting to tear into more ribbon.
CAT S.

bernietom47 said...

Gel pen dots! OMG I thought that was DP it really does make everything else pop. Love it! Love the card.
Hugs & Blessings Bernie

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

i LOVE the polka dots! really sets off the card! love it!

hugs :)

Jennifer Scull said...

oh I love this cat and the way you have done him up! he is one of my all time faves from SF! :)