Monday, August 9, 2010

dreaming of yummy cupcakes

Good morning everyone! I hope you had a really great weekend. Ours was a lot nicer as the horrid heat broke some and we got a couple of really long rainfalls. With my computer down at work I'm unable to get to as many blogs as I usually do, so for the time being I thought I'd post three days a week and take the other two days to get by the blogs I love to visit and get inspiration from.

The other day I was flipping through some channels and I stopped it on The View. They were showing some absolutely beautiful cupcakes with decadent flavors that looked sooo yummy. They were all mini bite size cupcakes so you could taste more variety. Well, I guess the episode stayed with me because that night I dreamed of cupcakes! The dream inspired this card I made with the Dreamy Cupcake image by Joni Walker.


(click to enlarge)

Now there's something I need to tell you about this. I printed this image on some paper that is supposed to be really great with Copic markers. It's a paper; not a card stock. The problem I ran into was that one side is coated and the Copic markers do not color well on that side. I can't tell which side is coated, and I printed on the wrong side! Instead I colored this on the reverse side and it showed through enough to look okay. I then added some shading with colored pencils on the right side of the paper. I added some stickles to the icing rosette on the top.

Today's a new challenge on the Squigglefly blog. Why not go check it out and play along? You might win some of those cute new Halloween images they just released! Enjoy your day, and thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Maria Matter said...

oh YUMMO! This is the third cupcake post I've seen this morning and I just started blog hopping. Seems everyone has been dreaming of cupcakes! lol

this is really pretty Holly, love the bright cheery colors. And how cool is it that you colored the backside!!! great job!
have a wonderful day!
hugs & blessings!

Tracey said...

I love cupcakes & this one definitely looks good enough to eat, love the paper & the ribbon too :)

Have a great week Holly.

Hugs
Tracey
xx

Linda said...

Oh yummmm! Wow it really turned out beautiful. What is the special paper for Copic markers? I love how you made it all work out.

Catherine said...

What a scrumptious card Holly ! Isnt'it nice dreaming of cupcakes ? Just my kind of dream !!! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Rachel said...

OMGoodness Holly, i think i just gained a few pounds just looking at this card!! YUMMY!!!
Have a great day!
hugs,
Rachel

msfreida said...

You can look at me and tell how much I love cupcakes, and I especially love this one! Such fabulous coloring and DP! GREAT bow too! :)

If I'm MIA the next couple of days it's because I'm either getting Carson ready to move to his dorm on Wed or not wanting these tears to mess my laptop up! I'm SOOO not ready for this! :(

Have a great week!
Hugs~

Shawna said...

The cupcake looks perfect to me.....and I am craving one now!! I love all the colors in this card. I can never get more than a few colors to work together, but you did it perfectly!!! Glad to hear you have some relief from the heat!

Marlene said...

Oh PLEASE....another cupcake to make me drool....and this one looks good enough to EAT!!!

Interesting tidbit about two sides of paper....see, that would be ME...I would most definitely end up printing on the wrong side...because I'm dorky like that.

Wait - I did not just call you a dork. (teehee...at least it takes one to know one, eh?)

Alice Wertz said...

this is so sweet! lovely card, Holly!

little cardmaker said...

So sweet...love cupcakes. I've never heard of this paper...but with two sides, I'd probably mess it up!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh yeah! yummy is right! double yummy!

hugs :)

acreativeneed said...

Yum yum!! You know my DH promised to bring home some special cupcakes like these from a specialty bakery after work tomorrow...I can't wait! You better go treat yourself too, if you're dreaming about them! :)
smiles,Deena

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

That cupcake looks yummy!! Love the bright colors!!