Monday, August 23, 2010

Featured Stamper Cards

Hi everyone! I really hope you had a nice weekend. Mine was slow and lazy, but sometimes those are the best kind! I got the important stuff accomplished and just enjoyed the rest of it. It was another really hot weekend, but according to the weather channel there is relief ahead! I even saw that the lows will be around 60 degrees on Wednesday night! Yahoo!

You know I love to play in the Featured Stamper challenge on Splitcoast Stampers every Sunday, and this week they had a fantastic gallery to CASE! I was able to play along with TWO CARDS!



My first card uses the brand new Squigglefly image by Lynne Stansbery called The Beauty of Pine. I colored it with Copic markers and did a little chalking in the background with yellow chalk. The sentiment is also from Squigglefly, and is in Nina Brackett's Merry Christmas Flourish only I erased the "flourish" before printing it out!

I wanted to make it look like snow was dusting the pine cones, but my glitter really wasn't chunky enough to make it look like I envisioned. The gold border is from a candy box left over from last Christmas - how appropriate is that? If you are interested in seeing the card I CASED, it can be viewed here.

I found so many cards in Heather's gallery that I liked, so I decided to CASE another one! This time I used the cute Hang In There Monkey by Revi Devi Paat to make a fun Spring Card! You can find directions for a Spring Card HERE. It was pretty easy to make and came together quickly.



(click to enlarge)

I colored the image with Copic markers and used chalk on the sky. I cut a square frame die cut (Cuttlebug) and then cut it in half diagonally for the lower corners. The sentiment was printed out on my computer and the edges distressed a bit with a Chocolate Chip stamp pad.

Today is a brand new challenge on the Squigglefly blog. I intend to go and check it out and hope you will too!

On a completely different note, I noticed that I am almost to 300 followers. That sounds like something i need to start thinking blog candy for! So, while I'm putting together some blog candy, how about you let all of your friends know about my blog. When I reach 300 followers I'll have a give away for some blog candy. I'll show the blog candy as soon as I have it all together. Have a really happy Monday, and thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Diane (djuseless) said...

Great cards Holly! Wow, Christmas cards already! You are more ahead of things than I am! LOL!

Thanks so much for all the comments that you leave me on my blog. I love all of them! :)

artfuldelight said...

I love the spring cards, they turn out so cute. I LOVE the monkey, I have thought about getting that image too.

Very lovely cards!

Maria Matter said...

Wonderful cards Holly!

I love, love, love your Christmas card!!! it's beautiful & elegant and it sparkles & shines...Perfect!
If you want to save some time during the Christmas rush, just pop my name & addy on that baby now! lol

super cute monkey card too, gorgeous fold & design! great job Holly!

Hoping that heat relief comes soon!
hugs & blessings!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

wow holly! that pine bough is gorgeous!

and super cute monkey!

hugs :)

Nana Bev said...

Love the holiday card, Holly. Thanks for sharing.

msfreida said...

WOW...it looks like you had a very productive weekend! As I was buying Lynne's pine bough, I had all kinds of visions in my head for my Christmas cards...you just added another great idea! :) This is BEAUTIFUL, luv! All the gold accents really brings out its elegance. I love the font in Nina's sentiment too! Your Spring card is ADORABLE, and look how perfect that bow is! I love this design for this precious image! It's surely to bring a smile to whoever receives it! :)

Yes, the news about cooler temps this week is definitely welcomed! I sooo need to clean my flower beds again...may need to try one of those energy drinks though! Ughhh

Hugs~

Marlene said...

Adorable cards today, missy! I'll promote your blog candy on my side bar when you're ready! :)

Jane said...

LOVE them both!

Vicki said...

Holly that first card is breathtaking! Love it...and the second one is so fun!! Don't show it to Jenn!!!! She may freak..it is a monkey!! Glad your weekend was low key...and it does look like relief is on it's way for you weather wise! Take care Holly!

HUGS!
Vicki

Dawn B. said...

These are my favorite type of holiday images.. Love your snow.. That was a great idea. I favorited that spring card too in her gallery.. Didn't get to it but love yours.. We are getting a bit of relief here in NC too..

Alice Wertz said...

beautiful cards, Holly! love the pretty image in the first one and how you colored it! so pretty!

Dawn Frost said...

Beautiful cards Holly, I love the pine cones! Talk about talented Lynne not only does Shy Bears but Christmas too! Wow, lol. Great to hear its getting cooler there!

Patricia St Martin said...

The pine card is stunning, I love working with fall stuff. Your little monkey is a cutie patootie card.