Sunday, August 22, 2010

Love Through The Window

Good morning everyone! I hope you are having a really great weekend. I've been kind of lazy this weekend. It's too hot to go outside and do much, and my mojo wasn't inspiring me to do anything either. Then I got to playing around with some of the new images Squigglefly released yesterday. The Floral Window image by brand new artist Laura Campbell cried out for me to use it, so I tried printing it out on some handmade paper to see what it would look like.


(click to enlarge)

I really like the way this looks, and it's got a great texture too! I printed my sentiment out on the computer and then punched out and glittered a tiny heart to use between the two words. A very quick and simple card, but it needed something to give it a bit more punch, so I got out a white gel pen and started making dots all over.



(click to enlarge)

Definitely has more punch now don't you think? It's really amazing to me what a few white dots can do!

I hope you'll go by and take a look at all the new images, and remember that Laura Campbell is donating 100% of the money from the sale of her images to the The Theological Biblical Academy, (TBA). TBA trains pastors and church planters who will establish and lead biblical churches in Croatia and the bordering countries of Slovenia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, and Serbia. What better way to help out such a wonderful organization and still get something for yourself?!

The blogland card I'm sharing with you today is this perfectly wonderful ensemble using Nina Brackett's Sew Fabulous set at Clare Buswell's blog. If you see something spectacular made with Squigglefly images, please share them!

Have a great Sunday, and thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Cheryl said...

really love this hun its realy beautiful hugs cheryl xxxx

Nana Bev said...

Great card, Holly. Love, love, love the background. Bev

Catherine said...

This is such a beautiful card Holly ! Elegant and classy, "tres chic" as we say in french ! Hugs and smiles from Catherine

Maria Matter said...

this is wonderful Holly! I love the dramatic look! Great idea to punch it up with the gel pen...a fantastic card!!

Clare's project is really lovely; elegant, thanks for highlighting it!
Enjoy your Sunday!
hugs & blessings!

Vicki said...

Holly your card is really pretty and you are right...it does have a WOW factor just by adding the white dots...speaking of WOW...OMG Clare's card is absolutley stunning! I left her some love too. Hope your day is beautiful.

HUGS!
Vicki

Shawna said...

What a fabulous quick and easy card! I love how you added the white dots; it's the perfect embelishment to an already dynamite image.

Linda said...

Love your card Holly! It is amazing what a white gel pen can add. I love to use it on karft card stock.
Holly what kind of printer do you have and how much ink do you go through? Do you have the kind that can be refilled?

msfreida said...

This is SOOO STUNNING, Holly! Such a creative image, and adding the dots really makes it pop! :) love this!

Hugs~

Biscuitlid said...

Yep the white dots defo made a difference! Fab card
Hugs
Victoria
x

Dawn Edwards said...

Holly card looks Fab! I'm so obsessed with my white gel pen, I can't stop. Can't wait to see all the New images!

Marlene said...

Adorable - and yes, those white dots make it pop more so!

Patricia St Martin said...

very elegant.