Thursday, August 5, 2010

one more chapter

Hi everyone. Okay, this is going to be a really short post because I've got a really short fuse today. Besides this absolutely horrendous heat wave we have going on, I spent all day on the phone yesterday with tech support for a computer issue at work which led to my having to stay at work two hours later than I usually get off and when I left my computer was still going through a system restore. So this morning, I have to go to work and call tech support again to finish up everything. I am only praying that my backup has really backed up my files! Add the fact that today is my busiest day of the week at work because it's a pay day and everyone looks to me for their pay checks so I'm not really feeling too chipper about the work day today.

One thing I do feel chipper about though is showing you this cute card I made with this new image from Joni Walker called One More Chapter.


(click to enlarge)


This image takes me back to my childhood. I used to read voraciously when I was a kid and can remember saying "One more chapter?" to my mother when she'd tell me to stop reading and do something. Of course more times than not one chapter would lead to another and so on.

I colored her with Copic markers and I think I was following a sketch challenge for this, but I was too late for it. The crocheted flower at the top was one of my snowflakes that was turning out to be too big for a card, so I stopped it at that point and left it as a flower. The center was wide open so I added a yellow button.


The frame behind her could be anything, but I made it a window and swiped some blue chalk on there for a sky and then stamped some green dots on the edge for bushes outside the window. I haven't added a sentiment yet because I do not know who this card is going to yet.

Heather has started a new challenge on Squigglefly's group at Papercraft Planet that I hope you'll go check out and try to play along. The artist they are featuring this time is Chesney Young. If you use one of her images to play along you get entered twice! Plus, I'm not saying what but there may be another little surprise over there waiting for you!

Well, I wish you a better day than I'm probably going to have and I hope you're having better weather than we're having here too! Thanks so much for spending a little of your time with me today!

13 comments:

Linda said...

Oh Holly I hope you have a better day! Your card is adorable!
Big Hug,
Linda

msfreida said...

I really hope things go better today for you than they did yesterday. I don't think the employees would take too kindly to an IOU...unless you threw in some SF images! LOL

Joni did such an awesome job with this image and I love how it's used here. FAB coloring (your blending is just unbelievable!) and I love how you did the frame! Awesome sketch too! Your flower adds the perfect touch! Precious card, luv! :)

Hope your day turns out mah-va-lous! Stay cool! :)
Hugs~

Shawna said...

Hope your day goes well Holly. As for your card it is just too cute. I love your card sketch and that little snowflake-to-flower with the button center is just so adorable.

Becky said...

So sorry Holly, have tech difficulties and heat can make any one agitated.. But on the bright side your card is lovely, love the flower.

Jennifer Scull said...

well I think your card is just so precious! what a fun image! and I have always been the same way with my books - still am..... just ask hubby when the light is still on at 2am as I say, "let me get to the end of the chapter..."
I just never mention WHICH chapter! giggles!

sure hope your day is better than you think its gonna be. I am saying prayers right now.... may it bring you comfort that you are deeply loved and admired by so so many! :)

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

Holly, so sorry your yesterday was in the toilet. Hope today is mooch-o da beddah!

This card is so sweet. I love the window idea with the little dots for leaves. I never was much of a reader. But my Grandboy Zack loves to be read too, so if Nana can get him to sit still long enough, I'll read to him. :O)

PBrown9624 said...

Oh Holly! I hate days like that! Hope it all turns out good and your stress level goes down. Being hot doesn't help anyone's temper either. Hope you get to relax when you get home.
Hugs!
Pam

Marlene said...

Your card is cute!!!!

Yikes, sorry to hear you're having such a nasty day. I really was just kidding when I called you "crotchety"! :oÞ

Margaret said...

Hope that your day has gone better than you thought :o)

Your card is lovely and "just one more chapter" or " I'll just finish this chapter" were two of my most used phrases in my teen years lol :o)

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh the hazards of having a job! don't miss that one bit! but ur tuff and u'll be smiling tomorrow for sure!

super cute card!!! and i'm still loving those crochet embellishments!

hugs :)

Alice Wertz said...

this is so sweet, Holly! love the colors!!

Kim said...

Very cute card! I hope your day was better than you thought it would be. Nothing worse than having to deal with tech support!!!

Maria Matter said...

adorable, love how you swipe your chalk!
HUGS